Mexico ready to deal

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ShAArk92, Jun 6, 2019.

1. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I’ll just say, “interesting.”

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

But Tariff’s don’t work. :usflag: :smile1:

• Like Like x 3
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

To hell with what works. Can we please get back to posting about Russian Collusion and Trump's tuxedos? Otherwise, Libs may actually learn something.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

As if that ever shuts them up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

So Mexico is reacting to the fear of punishment by tariff - a bit of carefully applied pressure can go a long way in forcing a desired action. It's the old Ho Chi Minh theory of motivation - "When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I am happy to hear that Mexico is ready to respond, but let's tap the breaks here.

There is no agreement yet. Mexico has proposed sending 6000 troops, but Trump said that the tariffs will start if Mexico doesn't do enough to reduce arrests at the US border to 20,000. I think last month was 130,000 or so. This thing isn't over. Hopefully Mexico and the US do negotiate in good faith and find a compromise.

In that case tariffs, or the threat of them, worked. Good to see the potential improvement.

9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, we're celebrating too early, guys. However, things are looking good for us so far.

10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

As usual, the more berserk the MSM and libs react to anything Trump does and says, the more likely it's a great idea and will cause the offending nation to get its **** together.

Hysteria that a new NAFTA deal won't be reached and the price of avocados will go up. Big f'ing deal.

Once again, Trump puts his money where his mouth is and wins.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The Chron biz writer had an article in today’s article saying Trump will lose this fight. On one side a recession occurs if there is no deal in the upcoming months and on the other side some deal is reached that is more fluff than real change. Seems like something more real than fluff was achieved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Let’s tap the ......nevermind, I wish people would just back off and let the President do his job since the MSM’s projections are always wrong. He wasn’t joking when he said at his rally’s that we are just going to keep winning.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

How is it that a guy that is supposedly so stupid keep having success after success? Do Trump haters ask themselves these kind of questions?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Do they watch any news or read any reports that show his successes? Guessing not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The haters say Trump is stupid but somehow got lucky to get elected, but at the same time they accuse him of doing a con job on his voters to get elected. Well, which is it? Is Trump a good politician or not?

• Like Like x 5
  16. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

So Trump gets credit because Mexico has paid lip service on committing 6k troops to their Southern border and we didn’t have the balls to follow through with the tariffs because of pressure from GOP lawmakers and others to back off. I guess it seems like the tariffs were a false threat to me and Mexico called the bluff.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

For the record, I think Tariffs do work and think Trump deserves all the credit for imposing tariffs on China. It was about time we leveled the playing field there and he did have the balls to do what the libs and others before him didn’t.
    I just think in the case of Mexico this was nothing more than pandering to his followers. I am happy we are halting the tariffs and think my gut feelings this week will make for a nice quick turn on some stocks when the markets open on Monday.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I agree the pact may be nothing more than lip service (the Chron biz writer position). I also agree that even max effort by Mexico may not be enough. But what if Mexico seemingly helping puts pressure on congress to act too? Every bit helps

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

We will know in 90 days when we evaluate Mexico’s success. If no results then tariffs will kick in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Good to hear

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

“It’s a sad day in America when the Mexican Government is willing to do more for the United States’ Illegal Immigration Problem than the Democrats in Congress.” Sarah Sanders

I believe it’s because the Mexican Government has realized paying off Nancy and the Dems to keep the border open for the Cartel is not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Nancy's payoff is more blue voters. It's painfully obvious that's the only thing that the modern day Democratic party cares about anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And that works, because their constituencies largely don't give a crap about the people impacted by illegal immigration.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

True until Trump threatened to bus the illegals to their cities. They suddenly developed an aversion to the mass of illegals.

• Agree Agree x 5
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It is so funny to see Dems look stupid
    This is Schumer's attempt at saving face.:rolleyes1:
    Schumer:
    "Just as I predicted, President @realDonaldTrump backed off on his threat of tariffs against Mexico."

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:Oh yes NYT is reliable source.
    If true what would be the reason to not implement right away ?
    Think Trump said hold off Mexico so hundreds of thousands can sneak in and overwhelm BP and facilities ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  30. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

It wasn’t Ho who came up with that but an American general. Worked out real well