Mexico's Third World Mentality

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, May 22, 2014.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Marine Jailed on Weapons Charges

Isn't it sickening how that ******** to our south likes to lecture us on how to treat those who cross over illegally, yet they hold someone on trumped up gunrunning charges? Just another example of how useless and corrupt they are down there.

2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

More sickening that the commander in chief is making little to no effort to intervene.

3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Holy Crap!. This poor guy "accidentally" drove into Mexico with weapons in his vehicle? I had no idea the border was so loose anywhere. I guess every time I've crossed the border it's been in a big city with lots of markings, etc.

4. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Our government policies are turning this nation into Mexico. Where will the illegals go when they have ruined this nation?

5. CedarParkFan

Dillo - You are 100% correct. Our once-strong standing on the world stage has diminshed significantly. The shifting demographics among the voting populance offers little hope that the pendelum will swing back. I don't want our country to resemble mexico in any way, shape, or form. It's just unfortunate that we share a border with them. I doubt very seriously that such an incident would have occurred along the Canadian border. If so, common sense would have prevailed and reasonable actions would have been taken. Not so with mexico. As corrupt and backward as they are, we also tend to have low expectations for our political leaders. That should concern us all.

6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

7. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

8. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

9. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

what is trumped up about the charges? He was driving around with three weapons and just happened to accidentally drive into Mexico, where possession of a bullet will get you arrested.

I have a client who was paid $750 each for just buying weapons for transfer to Mexico. Wonder how much you get if you take them in yourself.

Note his lawyer does not say what kind of weapons they were. Or why he is driving around with three.

Mexico is overrun with drug gangs getting rich off our taste for drugs and which are armed to the teeth. So the try to stop people from smuggling in guns that are used to slaughter people there. Sounds right to me.

Their complaints about how their citizens are handled here relate to people who are drawn by Americans who will illegally hire them (and not get prosecuted for hiring them) and the overwhelming majority of whom do not commit crimes.

Mexico is a poorly governed country beset by corruption and incompetence but I don't see a problem with them enforcing their gun laws.

And excuse me if I take a block of salt with anything a fellow defense lawyer says on Greta von Septictank's tv show.

11. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

12. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Mexico continues to ship its problems to the U.S. for us to take care of..........................as our own government allows.

13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's all about perspective. You see them exporting their problems. I'd argue we are importing them. The answer is probably both.

As long as American citizens are buying drugs and American companies are leveraging cheap illegal labor we're importing those elements into the US.

I should have mentioned that there is some very good qualities the inflow of Mexicans bring. Work ethic is at the top, IMHO.

I wonder about how Texans reconcile the juxtaposition of their their own strong economic growth and the large illegal immigrant population. Do you hate them even though they are a large contributor to that growth?

14. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

15. Seattle Husker

16. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

17. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

California is making a comeback but still has $500,000,000,000 in unfunded liabilities and an unemployment rate at 8% (2% more than the national average) and double what it was in 2007. And if you factor back in the numbers who don’t want a job because of disability fraud or welfare considerations, California unemployment is around 14%. Further, the resurgence was partially due to federal government assistance with the ACA and an increase in part time employment concentrated in the low-paying service and retail industries.

And worse for libertarians (BI) California rates as one of the worst states for liberties and freedoms.

50. New York
    49. New Jersey
    48. Rhode Island
    47. California
    46. Maryland

Most of these states share rigid gun control, high taxes, strict labor laws, and smoking bans, but are relatively liberal when it comes to same-sex unions and marijuana laws (except Rhode Island, which allows a maximum life sentence for severe marijuana-related offenses). Only New York ranks in the bottom five for both personal (#48) and economic (#50) freedom, which gives it the lowest overall score by quite a margin.

And back to the subject, cheap labor in america helps sustain a growing economy but does little to stimulate the growth. Growth needing cheap labor comes from industries like oil and gas, construction, retail, manufacturing and agriculture. Once there is a growing need for these products and services, cheap labor in needed to help the companies in these industries stay competitive. Things like minimum wage increases and government costs of benefits for low wage earners help offset the benefits of illegal immigrants. And there will always exist the debate of whether bringing in illegal workers keeps legal workers from gaining employment and whether illegals depress wages for legal working age adults.

And even closer back to the subject, Texas' economic boom is well rounded but is due primarily to a growth in oil and gas. Illegals supplement that growth indirectly through ancillary services to the main economic driver. So it is incorrect to state that Texas' growth is due to the explosion of illegal immigration. However, it is likely that a big part of the increased cost of government in Texas and California is due to the illegal population growth.

18. CedarParkFan

I know a lot of people on here ridicule Fox News, but they seem to be the only one keeping this story alive, at least on the web.

This story needs to be told

19. CedarParkFan

20. Seattle Husker

Generally speaking, I wonder if the Fox News storyline matches the non-public facts of the case. The rest of the MSM also love a "controversy" and this is a red meat as possible. Additionally, the government typically does fight for US citizens in situations like this. Look no further than their attempts to get the guy out of North Korea. That leads me to believe there may be some facts that Fox News is not reporting. It's in this dude's best interest to have his lawyer on Fox News touting his innocence, whether true or not. Fox News, like MSNBC, loves the one-sided story that plays to their audiences hearts and minds. It generates ratings, particularly when there are no new scandals.

I don't know anything about this story nor watch any of the mainstream partisan news channels. Just my best guess why Fox News is the only one trumpeting this story.

21. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I love how the dems/libs trash Fox News even though it allows all points of view and includes many dem/lib personalities to present them. Just shows that the people trashing Fox are full of sh*t, ignorant, or just lying.

22. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

After reading Husker's post, I browsed other sites including CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, USA Today, etc. and couldn't find anything on this story. At least not on their home page. That does seem pretty strange.

23. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

an American got arrested in Mexico is big news? How many Mexicans get arrested here?

Last week the local ABC affiliate ran a lead story about a kitten being rescued from the top of a tall tree. Local news, I guess. Same for the arrestee out there.

24. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

25. CedarParkFan

It is strange indeed. It seems they would at least find it newsworthy unless, of course, it conflicts with their political narrative. If the facts are consistent with the reports, all major U.S. Media outlets should be reporting on it. Personally, I think that the mexican govt. likes to crap on Americans any chance they get.

26. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Traveling to other countries should be treated as mountain climbing and any other risky ventures should be. Unless the government sent you there, you are on your own and the government should stay out of it.

27. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

The thing that concerns me is here's a guy supposedly suffering from PTSD that is out driving around with three firearms in his vehicle.

It may have been the frijoles he was served in the Mexican jail, but the dude did try to off himself with a lightbulb in his cell, so he doesn't exactly sound stable.

At any rate, if I went for a drive and was packing, I would make damn sure I knew where the border was.

28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

So he now has a mental illness from serving our country in the military, and you guys say "too bad, he is on his own" ?

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I fail to see how this is national news. He got arrested in Mexico for violating their gun laws. BFD.

I got arrested there once for assaulting a guy in a cathouse. BFD.

I don't see why this is news at all, and I especially don't see why it is national news.

As for media agendas, Fox doesn't have one, does it? Oh, yes, Fox caters to the anti immigrant crowd (except it is ok to hire them to clean your house and mow your lawn because it is so hard to get good help and Americans don't want these jobs and god forbid we do it ourselves) so dumping on Mexico is catering to your audience.

I've known a lot of guys with PTSD from WW II, Korea and especially from Nam, my age group, and I've only known one who drove into Mexico with any kind of weapon. We got him out after a month or so.

The US consulate will get him out after a bit. The worst thing that could happen is to make a big deal out of it because that makes it look like the Mexican government caves to the gringos yet again, which is poison down there. I know none of you guys have run for election in Mexico but people who do have to be careful not to look like American puppets, especially when they are doing their best to keep relations good. Ask Rick Perry about it, he is very good at finessing Mexican pols. Seriously
    All of us who live anywhere near the border know not to chance such an experience. So, no, I have no great concern other than general empathy for a fellow human who has problems.

30. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Count me as a proud member of the anti illegal immigrant crowd.