Meyer on Tebow..'best player of our era'

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by OUsucksATMblows, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It's funny that some of you assume Tebow will be better next year because he has a year more of experience. If that's the case what happened to Colt from his Freshman year to his sophmore year? I'm predicting right now that Tebow will not put up as good of numbers this year as he did last year. I like Tebow but let's not get too crazy. I don't put him in the same catagory as VY and Tommie Frazier who showed up for the big games.

2. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Steel Shank has far better gameday skills than Tebow.

3. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Tebow is a very capable quarterback but i challenge anyone to show me another heisman winning qb that lost 4 games in a season.

4. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Paul Hornung Notre Dame 1956 2-8

5. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

^

he forgot to mention the all important rule pointing out that anytime a ND player is in the running, ND's overall record is automatically ignored, and that in order for that ND player to not *WIN* the Heisman, their opponents basically have to become God himself on the field....with obviously the exception of Brady Quinn vs Troy Smith.

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Paul Hornung Notre Dame 1956 2-8

I forgot the ND exception. Any player on the ND team is eligible no matter how bad the irish are. Interesting fact about the Hornung heisman, he edged out johnny majors who led tennessee to a 10-0 record. The irish got outscored that year around 146-280. Historically, it was considered the worst irish team in history although i believe that new honor should go to the 2007 fighting irish, a team of all americans that lost to tiny navy squad.

7. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Which reminds me, didn't Ron Powlus win like three Heismans?

8. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

Tim Tebow is awesome, a good guy, and will continue to be a great asset to his team. However, he doesn't leave people with their mouths open wondering what just happened. As far as numbers go, we should remember that Vince was the QB for the highest scoring offense of all time.

9. YouTeeAye

YouTeeAye 100+ Posts

What has he done to deserve the "best player of our era" title? How about he actually qb's his team to a championship and then we'll start to ponder.

10. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

LoL I remember all the hype that he win would win multiple Heismans. Only one player has ever won more than one, Archie Griffin. Ron Powlus never came close to winning even one that I remember.

11. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

If Beano Cook said it would happen...it must have happened.

[​IMG]