Mi Madre's on Manor Road

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by l00p, Mar 7, 2010.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Flat out delicious and amazingly consistent. I wish I could pick a favorite item but there are many I like. I rank their Carne Guisada among the best if not the best in Austin. I have not tried all of them so I cannot say it's the best but it is damned good.

Yesterday I had the Breakfast Rito for the first time and DAYUM, it's amazing. A burrito stuffed with eggs, chorizo, cheese and avacado. The green chile salsa is perfect with it. I highly suggest it.

They are located across the street (kitty corner) from Hoovers, next to Eastside Cafe. Family owned and operated just the way I like a place to be.

2. BigLeonard

BigLeonard 100+ Posts

Best breakfast tacos in town.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Do this while you can because when their liquor license comes in for one or both of the other things opening there that may cease. They have the back house opening soon. The house next to them actually on Manor is going to be transformed more into a late night type thing with a different yet still quality menu.

And you are right about it being a good place to bring a beer with you before games, football included. Great people. I suggest asking for the green hot sauce sometime if you have not had it. (also, you can get wheat tortillas)

4. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Damn! It's hard enough to get in there for a great Mexican breakfast without you blabbing it all over on HornFans. for shame!

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They have expanded so it is not as tough! That house behind them as well as the patio are available. Soon they will be open nights and serving in the house. In a little bit after that the house to the East of them will be a club or a little more upscale place. Their son and his wife are both Culinary Institute graduates, full blown chefs. They will tweak the menu a little bit here and there for fantastic creations.

Try the green Diablo sauce!!! Had some today and as always it was awesome.