Miami at New England

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Dec 29, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Lowly Miami just drove the field and scored on a passing TD to go ahead of the Patriots by 3 (27-24) with 24 seconds left. If Miami holds on, the Patriots will be knocked out of the 2 seed (and the bye) in the playoffs. Tremendous game by Ryan Fitzpatrick, regardless whether Brady has another miracle left in him.

2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Miami beat them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

OT--Jameis Winston just threw a pick six to give Atlanta the victory and to set the NFL record for throwing the most pick sixes in a season.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Jimbo’s guy...that should never have been allowed to remain the QB at FSU. But then again some “high quality” coaches cannot allow rape or rape charges to get in the way of their pursuit of a legacy and $$$$$$.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget theft of crab legs.

6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Never...

7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

WORSE- he did it in overtime. Cost me a couple of parlays...bastage! Always throwing picks at the inopportune time...

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

This one was 90% on his receiver though. Dude stood there with no effort and let a defender outhustle him to the football when he easily could have and should have gotten there first.

As for Fitzpatrick. He has now beating New England while playing for all 3 division rivals. He's also the only QB besides Lamar Jackson to lead his team in rushing in 2019.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

For all the grief given to Fitz about not being NFL starter material, I would opine he has earned his keep in Miami. Unfortunately, I expect he gets shoved aside when they draft someone from the current draft-eligible QB crop...

Much like Colt, he isn't flashy, but he tends to be competent. If the Dolphins are smart, they hang on to him for at least the next season instead of throwing a first-round QB to the wolves...

• Like Like x 1
  11. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts