Miami vs. OKC in Finals

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by hornpharmd, Mar 30, 2012.

1. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320329013

Seems to me that this is going to happen. OKC just keeps getting better. Durant and Westbrook are playing like a team this year and leaving the individual stuff behind. Still can't believe LA traded Fisher to OKC. This seems to be the missing piece for OKC. Very similar to how Jason Kidd gave the Mavs that experience and ability to make key plays when needed in hte playoffs.

Miami is just too talented to not make the Finals again this year. The Bulls can knock them off but I think the Heat will get it done.

This to me is going to be one of the epic finals if it happens. We will have what could end up being 2 of the best players of all time facing off in their prime. Hope it happens.

2. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

3. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for the clarification. Still can't believe LA traded him away at all though.

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't count Los Spurs out just yet. Nine wins in a row and one game back in the west after the Spurs top the Celts and the Thunder lose to the Heat tonight.

5. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

My gosh the Spurs are a well run franchise. And, that's coming from a Mavs fan. I can't believe they're still among the tops of the NBA after all these years.

Go OKC. I'd love to see Durant win a championship and supplant Mr. ESPN (James) as the best player.

6. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

Spurs have risen to the top. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Spurs are certainly on a roll. Too bad they don't have any longhorns on their roster. I will be cheering for OKC and Durant!

[​IMG]

8. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

/
    Cory Joseph plays for the Spurs.

Stephen Jackson was a nice re-pickup for the Spurs. I remember him being a headcase back in 02/03, but I'm happy to see him back in a Spurs uniform. He's probably more mature now.

9. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

10. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

11. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

12. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

TJ played for the Spurs this year but was concussed into retirement.
    Healthy Spurs will be hard to keep out of the finals but I would like to see Durant be there also.
    Hope Miami falls. Not a James fan.

13. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

San Antonio is going to come out of the West. Popavich will be the biggest difference in the series. Him and, of course, Westbrook will melt down at some point.

14. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Well, since the Mavs have been "Odomized" I supposed my favorite team will be whoever is playing the Heat. Amazing that my hate is so strong for that team that I'd gladly root for the Bulls, Spurs and a team from Oklahoma. Granted, I love Durant but....Oklahoma????

15. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Knox, don't be so quick to give up on Mavs. Just b/c the stench of Lam-Lam exists don't count out the reigning LO'B trophy holders. They're winners and have a great coach.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

16. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

17. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Hornpharmed=classic bandwagon fan

18. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

I root for all the Horns in the NBA and hope they do well, but when Kevin Durant's team was no longer named the SuperSonics I stopped giving a **** about the NBA and could care less who wins The Finals.

19. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

20. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

hornpharmd, I've been a Spurs fan since they moved to San Antonio from Dallas (ironic, isn't it) in 1973. We suffered for 26 years until the first championship in 1999. So there a lot of us who are NOT bandwagon fans.

By the way, after the win last night in Sacramento, the Spurs are the first team in the NBA (only?) to sweep two back-to-back-to-backs. Playoff bound and playing well - if they can stay healthy, they have a legitimate shot.

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Hey, you've got the right to root for whoever you want, but you gotta admit it does look like either you're just a big Phil Jackson fan, or you just call whichever team is winning the most "your team" for the time being. There seem to be an awful lot of people who were Bulls fans in the 90s and Lakers fans in the 00s.

22. Third Coast

Been a Spurs fan since the ABA days. A lot of fond memories - as well as some heartbreaks - in the HemisFair Arena.

23. Longhorn0184

Longhorn0184 250+ Posts

Per Merriam-Webster:

3fan
    noun
    : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
    : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

Says nothing about how long you "have" to follow the object of your fanness. Nor does it have conditions of good or bad. Yeah so people are fans of the good players/teams. so? It's more of a recognition of great talent than anything else. So if you claim you're a fan of a bad team and have "more" fanhood than others who just follow the good ones, get off your high horse. It's your choice to be a fan of the bad ones, don't get mad about it.

People who put limitations on things annoy me.

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I rarely see someone proclaim to be a truer fan because they followed a team when it was bad out of context. Usually it's a response to either someone incorrectly accusing them of being a bandwagon fan, or a response to a fanbase-jumper talking smack as if their chosen favorite team for that particular year is "their" team.

25. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

26. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

One series closer. Going to be a good playoff season in the West. OKC looking to get LA and then probably SA.

In the East now that Rose is out the Bulls are floundering. It is looking like Boston and Miami will duel it out to decide the champ in the East.

27. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

28. Third Coast

The Thunder sure can make their opponent look aged. lol

29. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Kobe is getting old, no doubt. They don't match up well against a young energetic team like OKC. And with all the rest that OKC got while LA got dragged out in the 1st round, we got what we got last night. No suprise to most.

30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

For whatever reason, OKC all year long has defended Kobe better than anybody else in the league seems to be able to.