Michael Griffin is Player of the Month

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

2. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Hook 'Em! Good for Michael.

3. Royalwon

Royalwon 25+ Posts

Longhorns are playing great all over the league.

A special congratulations to you Michael!!!

4. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Awesome.

One of the best photos in Longhorn history.

[​IMG]

5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

When that play happened, I finally believed we could win that game. I thought to myself--man, we've got big league players on this team. [​IMG] I know, I know--I'm slow to get things that should be obvious. [​IMG]

6. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah - what South Austin said.

7. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

I agree with South Austin and whiterock

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Great for Michael!

I remember watching Michael when he 1st stepped on the field as a true frosh. He played a ton on special teams and as the nickel/dime back immediately and always seemed to be near the ball. You could tell he was going to be something special.

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Awesome! Interceptions in four straight games, 36 tackles over that period.
    And I love that picture from the Rose Bowl national championship game. That may be my favorite play of all from that great evening. So many plays were like that one, though. There was a great, well-thrown pass from a Heismann winning qb, to an excellent receiver who ran a perfect route. Then out of nowhere a great defensive play is made.
    So many plays in that game were great against great, and well-executed on both sides of the ball, and now so many of those players are now earning big money on Sundays.
    There won't be many games where two such talent-laden squads face off and live up to expectations, especially in the national championship game.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Loved watching him and Orakpo sell cupcakes on LHN. So great that we have a $250 million recruiting tool that we can't use for actual sports recruiting. Maybe Brian and Mike can take over Augie's old food timeslot.