Midnight sales of GTA IV - UPDATED w/ Locations

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Dr Fear, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

2. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

walmart has always done midnight release with major titles.

3. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

You have a Hastings in town? they are doing it in CS..

4. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

5. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

6. Horn37

Horn37 25+ Posts

Check with your local Gamestop or EB Games. They usually do a midnight release for the highly anticipated games if you pre-order.

7. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

8. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

9. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

Aw, crap, I've been holding out, but now I think I'm going to have to get a PS3...

10. bdaddyc

bdaddyc 25+ Posts

Walmart will sell it for sure....they want some of that $400 million dollars the game is projected to make in its first week of sales.

11. Longhorn Tim

Longhorn Tim 250+ Posts

12. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

I was at Best Buy today and they had a sign for a midnight release, so maybe call around to some of your local BBs.

13. Whitman Mayo

Whitman Mayo 500+ Posts

So what is the MSRP? 59.99? They could charge 150 and I would still buy it.

14. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

Update in OP.

15. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

Currently, I am awaiting my email from Gamefly saying its on its way.

16. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

17. At Ease

At Ease 25+ Posts

18. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

Awesome Amazon just sent me an email saying it shipped.

19. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

is the walmart at 290/mopac selling them? too lazy to find the number and call.

20. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

21. bdaddyc

bdaddyc 25+ Posts

Benson....that walmart has done midnight releases in the past so they should do it for this one.

22. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

ben white walmart is selling at midnight.

23. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

haha, nice. I saw this thread, went out to Wal Mart at 1:30 and bought it. Good **** so far, but I haven't played the previous installations so I have nothing to which to compare it.

24. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Game newbie with a quick question: What's the difference between buying the hard copy and downloading the game or any game from the Play Station Network? I have a PS3 and I've bought the hard copy of my 2 previous games (COD4 & Uncharted) and wanted to know if there is an advantage to buying it via PSN?

25. Iconoclast Texan

Iconoclast Texan 250+ Posts

With this release and HD-DVD's death, I have pretty much decided on buying a PS3. Any recommendations on where to buy? Do some places have bundles that give you good bang for the buck? I am in Houston.

26. nych 1

nych 1 250+ Posts

Do you have a lot of Playstation 2 games? If so, you probably do not want to get the 40GB Playstation 3 (no backward compatibility with PS 2 games). Playstation 3 80GB is backward compatible, but it is emulsion software. PS 3 60GB (out of production, but easily found) is the one I have. It is backward compatible via hardware in the machine. If you don't care about PS2 games, the PS3 40GB is the way to go. You can always add more GBs yourself. Costco has a $500 dollar PS3 40GB bundle (includes Gran Turismo Prologue game, dualshock controller, and blu-ray remote). Sam's Club has 4 different bundles (check on-line, may be different at the stores). The cheapest is PS3 40GB w/ Spiderman 3 Blu-ray movie ($398.00). The most expensive is the PS3 bundle with Spiderman 3 movie, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 game, Assassin's Creed game, an extra controller, blu-ray remote, and the PS 3 Ultimate Kit: intercooler clip-on cooling device plus some extra cables). I love my PS3 for Blu-Ray watching and upconverting of dvd. What I don't love: the fan is kind of loud if you are watching a movie at a relatively low volume.

27. nych 1

nych 1 250+ Posts

Oops, the price on the most expensive bundle from Sam's Club is $598.86.