'Mighty Fine' burgers, fries and shakes

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by jcazes, Apr 1, 2008.

1. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

Are not so mighty fine.

Every time I go to the Chipotle off Mopac (near Braker), Mighty Fine is always PACKED. I decided to venture in there today, and after champing into my burger I decided my money would have been better spent had I given it to Aggy for gene transmission prevention. Of course, that's a noble cause in and of itself, but I digress...

Bottom line, the food at Mighty Fine blows and is overpriced. Whataburger, Sandy's, Dan's, Hut's, hell even Chili's all own this place.I will not be returning.

2. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

3. The Bone

The Bone 100+ Posts

Glad you are too cool to like it, please don't go back. Lines are too long as it is.

4. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

To be fair, I did'nt really see where the guy implied that he was "too cool" for the joint. From what I read, it looked like the guy was implying that the food was crap.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

While the fries suck, the burgers are really good.

6. i thought the burger was great, but i did not like their shoestring freedom fries. fries shouldn't be crunchy. add some potato dad'gummit

7. SMDhorn

SMDhorn 250+ Posts

I do think it's somewhat pricey for what you get.

Fries, however, should be crispy on the outside and delicious on the inside. Not quite crunchy, but also not mushy (unless at Whataburger...)

8. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

I'll go on the record and say that whataburger's fries suck. This all has nothing to do with the topic I know, but burger king's fries are supreme.

9. someone

someone 250+ Posts

10. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

I think Dirty's sucks. For burgers in Austin, my favorites are Huts and Players.

11. DLev

DLev 250+ Posts

12. runner

runner 100+ Posts

Nobody goes to Mighty Fine anymore -- it's too crowded.

13. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

14. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Wendy's fries are awful. Soggy, limp, flavorless.

15. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

I made my own Fuddruckers today and it was pretty damn great.

16. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Chik-fil-a fries are the best, how are you going to argue with waffle fries, oh right you can't.

17. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

Mighty Fine is very solid, coming just short of spectacular. Love me some of those fries.

As another said, please don't go back. They're doing just fine without you, and I'd rather the line not get any longer.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

19. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

Wally's is da bomb. I live a block away.

20. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

21. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

WEndy's burgers are decent though.

22. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

If you haven't been to Jack in the Box in a while, in addition to their seasoned curly fries(which are decent), they now serve natural 'hand cut' fries. They are very good. My favorite J 'n B items are their egg rolls, tacos and the Supreme Sausage breakfast sandwich.

[​IMG]

23. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

24. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Except for the one that matters most to many college students, especially dudes. The following ratio: [Amount of food present] / Cost.

26. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure things have changed in the 28 years since I worked at Wendy's, but at the time, their beef was 100% USDA choice, locally sourced on a daily basis, and never frozen. We did salt it on the grill, but you can ask to have your burger made without salt.

27. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

The sauce overpowers the salt. It's ok, not spectacular. That Jalapeno baconator looks good.

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I crave a big mac over other burgers. Weird.

28. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

My favorite burger and fries in Austin is at Ski Shores. Anyone ever eat there? They never seem to pop up on lists like this. [​IMG]

29. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

30. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts