mihm_rules passes away

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by dignan, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Lonestarman

Lonestarman 100+ Posts

2. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky 25+ Posts

I will have a beer in his honor tonight

Rest in Peace [​IMG]

4. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

5. UberHorn

UberHorn 25+ Posts

6. JohnnyRage

JohnnyRage 25+ Posts

I will have a beer right now.

7. We lost another one. This sucks really bad. I am truly heart heavy. My eyes welled up just reading your posts, let alone the link. His name always caught my attention and his posts were nothing to warrant a raised brow from a moderator that I can think of. We lost one of our own folks.

I always wonder how many of us have died that we never know of and they just stop posting. At least we learned of this one and can give our proper respects. I agree that one thing this site can do is come together. All the ******** stops. At this second I could give a **** who starts at QB.

My respects to family, friends and our community. Crap.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The eyes of Texas are upon you, all the live long day. The eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot get away. Do not think you can escape them, at night or early in the 'morn. Because the eyes of Texas are upon YOU (mihm rules), TILL GABRIEL BLOWS HIS HORN!!!

Hook 'em my friend I never met. Hook 'em. Hook every one of you. Even the sadsacks who are a pain in my behind more times than not.

8. TexasOwnzYou

TexasOwnzYou 500+ Posts

damn, that sucks [​IMG]

i'm gonna miss seein his sig.

9. surrender

surrender First Time Poster

That's horrible [​IMG]

10. catrinka

catrinka < 25 Posts

i'm with po...

he and i pm'd a bit, great kid. i'm sad. he left a great impression on this board. my thoughts are with the family. i hope their memories comfort them at this time of sorrow.

11. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

That is just mind bending ! Sad,very sad !

"for mihm rules and friends as we leave early in the morning for rocky point. We are mostly of the high school class of '04 and finally able to spread our wings from those villians we call parents. There will be *****, boobs, and plenty of beer for our dwelling souls."

mihm_rules-

12. PinknPretty

PinknPretty < 25 Posts

I'm incredibly sadden by this... I'll be sending love and prayers to his family and friends.

13. Mizzou415

Mizzou415 100+ Posts

R.I.P. man [​IMG]

14. Kristel

Kristel < 25 Posts

amazingly sad.

15. arroyo

arroyo 25+ Posts

16. My new sig line which you are all welcome to use as well.

17. KingKoopa

KingKoopa 250+ Posts

was that him in his sig photo? i noticed it's hosted on a uconn site.

18. highbury

highbury 25+ Posts

no, that picture was of uconn kids rioting after the championship.

19. Will Monk

Will Monk 100+ Posts

20. lnghrngrl

lnghrngrl 25+ Posts

I have thought about this tragedy all day today and have not been able to compose my thoughts enough to be able to say anything near appropriate enough to express how sad this is. My thoughts are with this young boys family and friends. Tomorrow is the Dallas Happy Hour and when enough of us are gathered together we will certainly take a minute & have a drink in his honor!

21. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze 100+ Posts

22. JohnnyRage

JohnnyRage 25+ Posts

Does anybody know what his college plans were?

He should be made an honorary longhorn freshmen, even if he had not gained admittance.

23. Santa Monica Horn

Santa Monica Horn < 25 Posts

I feel like Mihm_Rules was kind of the kid brother or the little nephew to everyone on this board. Everyone saw their own youth, hopes, dreams, and wide eyes in him.

I really enjoyed when everyone was giving their two cents about whether or not he should sneak out and head to Denver for the NCAA Tournament. Our first instincts were "GO! [​IMG] ", but we ended up coaching him into knowing when to chomp at the bit and when to let his parents have the last word. For a little bit I considered PMing him and letting him know that I have a friend in Denver that he could crash with, but I knew that that wasn't the responsible thing to do.

There were road trip suggestions (start small and then gradually work up to longer trips) as well as recommendations on how to handle parents. I looked forward to reading about him spreading his wings and growing up. He was a good kid. Like everyone else, I'll miss him. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

It's times like these that puts all the b.s. and worthless banter on this board into real perspective. He always seemed like a really happy person and I am glad to be able to say he was a part of my life. Make sure you hug all those you love because you never know when it might be the last time you get that chance.

[​IMG][​IMG]

25. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

f**k that sucks.
    Life is far too short for far too many. Enjoy it while it last folks.
    Regret nothing.

26. leroi

leroi < 25 Posts

We often take for granted those that post here. It seems that tragedies like this put a face on those whose posts we read daily.
    Sincere sympathy and our prayers to family and friends.

27. catrinka

catrinka < 25 Posts

i've been thinking about those other two boys in the truck with him... wow, can you imagine? they went to sleep and lost a friend.

28. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

29. Nebraskan4Texas

Nebraskan4Texas 25+ Posts

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there, I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow
    I am the diamond glints on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain
    I am the gentle autumn rain

When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight,
    I am the soft stars that shine at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there, I did not die

-Author unknown

30. Monkey_Horn

Monkey_Horn 25+ Posts

Such a sad tragedy that really puts your life into perspective. The brother of a friend of mine died in a car accident a few weeks ago, so I can only imagine what his family is going through. Prayers to his family & friends. R.I.P. You will always be a part of the Longhorn family.