million dollar question, would our 2016 TEXAS LONGHORNS beat the 2016 UH COUGARS?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by meadowlark, Sep 13, 2016.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

^^^ i say yes! what say you.....

[​IMG]

2. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

ten dollar and a bowl of soup answer, at the end of the year the two teams should be quite different due to experience and injuries. Maybe

• Like Like x 3
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

It's fun to speculate, and Pat Forde has his Final Four if it were to be picked today.

Horns and Cougs for the the natty? Stranger things could happen.

forde-four.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

As much as I would enjoy making the playoffs, under the above scenario I think the chances of a UT vs Houston National Championship game would still be about 1 in 20.

• Like Like x 1
  5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

How bout we just beat Cal? :hookem:

• Like Like x 11
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No, because just like OU, Houston wants it more. While our team is hungry for the first time in decades, the Coogs have a chip on their shoulder that is huge, and they have a better coach.

As for that bracket, there will be two from the SEC before there are two from The Republic; also, it with Meyer and Harbaugh, I think it is mandatory that the BigTen be represented.

• Like Like x 2
  7. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

From the link:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

This game is very unlikely to happen. Would the Longhorns beat Michigan State? Would they beat Lousiville? Would they beat Florida? We are also only 2 weeks into the season so kind of hard to speculate. I am focussed on Cal, followed by Oklahoma State, then OU, then Iowa State, etc.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Well of course we beat Cal, how do you think we got in the natty with UH

• Like Like x 3
  10. Joe Texas

Joe Texas 25+ Posts

Right now I think the Horns beat anyone. Next week I may think differently.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Right now we beat errrbody!

• Like Like x 3
  12. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

The ou game will be a good test.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The psyclones come to town on Oct. 15. Let's try to score some points in that game before we start talking about any major post season bowl games.

• Like Like x 1
  14. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I think it's the job of the coaches and the players to focus on the next game, the week at hand, the job they have right in front of them.
    I think I'm comfortable if message board "gurus" conject as to hypothetical matchups. I doubt this thread is indicative of the team's lack of focus. Lol

I see a game with both teams in the 40s and the last team with the ball at the 2:00 minute mark having the advantage.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  15. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

No we wouldn't RIGHT now....however, i said it two years ago or last year (my poor memory) and I'll say it again, by the end of this year that we will be able to compete with anyone and I still believe that, are we a 2 loss team, a 4 loss team? I don't know, In spite of what the record is, i believe that they will keep improving to the end, may not be a perfect season but that last game with TCU and the bowl game aint no one gonna want a piece.

• Like Like x 1
  16. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

This defensive line is going to be nasty by years end! mark it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Maybe not this week, maybe not this month, maybe not this year. But at some point next year or the year after, yes.

• Like Like x 3
  18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

We still would have lost by a touchdown last year if the 50 yardline was our endzone.

• Like Like x 2
  19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I laughed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

of course, if that game DID happen, the UH spin would STILL be "we are not going to play them in NRG...we told them that and this game proved we meant it"

• Like Like x 1
  21. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

The way the rest of the Big 12 is playing, I like our chances this year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

How would UT matchup against UH? Depending on the results of the B12 expansion, we may find out the answer next year. This year I would cautiously give the nod to UH. I think we would have a 50/50 chance of winning right now.

• Like Like x 1