Missouri is staying . . .

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by jctex, Oct 11, 2011.

1. jctex

jctex 25+ Posts

. . . for 2012 at least.

From this link

Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas says the league is set with 10 teams for 2012 with the addition of TCU, even though Missouri is exploring a possible departure.

Neinas says if Missouri decides to go to another conference, it wouldn't be for the 2012 season. Missouri is investigating whether to join the Southeastern Conference, though the school has not ruled out remaining in the Big 12.

TCU accepted an invitation this week to join the Big 12. The Horned Frogs will replace Texas A&M when the Aggies leave for the SEC next July.

Neinas also said Tuesday that there is no consensus right now among Big 12 members on having 10 or 12 schools. He says that can't be addressed until Missouri makes its decision.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I don't think Mizzou knows what the f' they want.

3. BV Horn

BV Horn 100+ Posts

I think Missouri still has hopes of joining the B1G.

4. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

Either the SEC has rejected them or they're going to announce shortly that they plan to leave in two years because the buyout would drop from an estimated $26MM to about $10.5MM.

5. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

I don't think Missouri is even in control of what they want.

6. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

7. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

Seems to me like missouri is hesitant to turnover rights for 6 years because they still have their skirt hiked up for the B1G.

8. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Gary PInkel gets what he wants in terms of the LHN not showing HS highlights and games with players that he won't get anyways. They also wanted equal revenue sharing and assurances that UT and OU will stay.

Mizzou, will you please now stop holding conference stability hostage? I think you got everything you wanted and you can stop groveling at the B1G and SEC.

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

10. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I agree with Texas Taps. MO wants $$$$$$$$ but all they get is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

they want money, aggy wants money. they don't know how to make it, Texas does, so it is Texas' greed that is the problem. envy is destructive.

14. Touchdown

Touchdown 100+ Posts

aggy shared in Colorado and Nebraska departure money. What a joke. Will Mizzou? That will be an even bigger joke when they leave for the SEC (sloppy seconds to their B1G desire).

15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Mizzou has changed their relationship
    status to : In an open relationship with Texas.
    Please click yes if you agree with this change.
    If you are not Texas please click Here.

Thanks!
    The Facebook Team

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

17. jctex

jctex 25+ Posts

So, is Mizzou delaying leaving . . .
    (a) to pay the lower exit fee?
    (b) to give the B1G more time to warm to them?
    (c) because they are seriously considering all their options and hope to make the best choice for their student athletes?
    (d) they want to see how much money is coming from new TV deal?
    (e) because they are clueless and indecisive?

I vote (b).

18. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

19. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

On one hand, no one can fault Mizzou for doing some due diligence and seeing what's out there, especially since A&M, UT, OU/OSU and even KU/KSU have done the same thing themselves.

So if Mizzou wants to take a few months to explore all their options, good for them. It would be very uncool, however, if the Tigers were to leave the whole conference hanging past next Spring. At that point, they would just be jacking the conference around, leaving the Big 12 semi-paralyzed. If that were to happen, the Presidents and ADs should hold a vote to move the Big 12 Basketball Championship out of Kansas City in 2013.

20. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I think the Big 12 should get BYU to join and them promptly vote Mizzou out.

21. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

22. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

23. dusthorn

dusthorn 25+ Posts

It's obvious, to me at least, that Missouri has told Neinas that they are not leaving until after next year, and maybe not even then. I wonder if that is their way of staying in the Big12 without having to make a public commitment, which would infuriate many of their fans. This way, time would be able to smooth out a lot of the waves that have been created for them.

24. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

In reply to:

25. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts