MLB

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Apr 2, 2021.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

the people who say that one needs to get on the right side of history are adopting a faulty line of logic first propounded by Hegel and popularized by Marx----the idea that history is predictable.

History is not a science and is not predictable in any serious manner. Some tendencies tend to result in similar results, but that is about it. History bends its arc towards justice if you think things are going your way.

A belief in the inevitability of progress, depending on how you define it, is a widespread fallacy among us Americanos, who think we are usually right and always ultimately successful. Don't bet on it in the long run.

MY big problem with Lincoln and all his sycophants is that he believed the UNION is sacred and indivisible. It isn't and will be divided again at some point. I don't pretend to know when or how. I just suspect it will because that is what has happened to all in the past.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I quit the Astros over the cheating thing and I've been a fan since that team was formed. I said it probably was not forever, just until this group of players is gone. However, MLB is making it really easy for me to stay away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is a product of MLB's market. It's dominated by big cities, especially in the Northeast and on the West Coast. It's also very expensive to attend games. That means wealthy people in the cities and close suburbs are the market. Twenty years ago, that meant conservative suburbanites. Now, it means educated wealthy, white people, and that means secular liberals and therefore wokeness. I love baseball and have for 35 years, but I and people like me are not the market anyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I'm going to have to frame this post.
    :rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It’s spelled udders idoits.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Does this finally move me out of the lowe intelagents posturs groop?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And those same folks are now wanting a "vaccine passport" that everyone must have. Let's do a super combo license/passport that allows you to both vote and live in freedom like the hunting and fishing license you have to buy from Texas Parks and Wildlife every year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

In the land of the blind.......

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m great with ID to vote. Just make it easily accessible and dirt cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

? If you are not using your drivers license which means it is free you can get an ID for $6.00 that is good for many years or there is a combo of birth certufucate and other forms . Thisid can be used to get bank account , fly or attend the Dem or NAACP convention
    OR if you are one of the very very few (and growing less every day) who was not born in a hospital you can use the same method you used to get Social Security.
    In other words anyone who is saying they are being denied the right to vote due to no id is lying

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Let me know how it’s not easily accessible. You will likely wait in long government lines, but most anyone can do it. There are people who can’t though. Document them and give assistance. But stop making dumbass excuses for the general public. It’s a false narrative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Dang huisache. Love your thoughts.

13. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Too funny - Dem suggests MLB All-Star Game come to NY with fewer early voting days, similar food and drink restriction.

Perhaps time to boycott NY?

Dem suggests MLB All-Star Game come to NY with fewer early voting days, similar food and drink restriction

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Do any of these people really not see how foolish they look?

• Like Like x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

NY is not a competitive state, so it makes sense. Only protest in states that help the Dem party. Senate GOP needs to treat MLB like the dem party.

16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Extended hours, open on weekends, nominal cost, etc. that’s the case now.

17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I got a real ID in the height of Covid. Went online and made an appointment. Even during government silly season, it was pretty easy.

I think everyone should go to their next MLB game and pick up your tickets at will call. Don’t let those racists demand to see your ID.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Or better yet, just don't buy tickets to the next MLB game.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Interesting to me that whatever MLB has done NOW is what is causing many of you to renounce them and vow not to watch anymore. They have been in love with BLM for a while now. What did they do THIS TIME that was so much more egregious than the last few years?

Seriously, why would some of you still be watching up to this point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Too be honest, I haven't watched enough in the last couple of years to see their racist and divisive positions. If I had I certainly would've stopped watching long before now, but this is certainly the last straw, not supporting any organization that supports and condones hatred.

• Like Like x 1
  21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I see pics or a quick video clip and see players with BLM or some other BS SJW woke crap shirt or something. Kneeling, etc. Screw em.

• Like Like x 1
  22. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I haven’t watched MLB since the Astros scandal. I would have thought they would have seen the light from last year, but they jumped right back in this season.

23. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

well y'alls Gov told MLB to shove their wokeness up their butt.

[​IMG]

wish we had a governor with nards instead of Dumbell Edwards

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He showed them. LOL

That said, smash cut to the Oklahoma Governor issuing a similar release only to be told 6 hours later that we don't have a baseball team.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You mean like Georgia already does?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

There's an all time record number of one year contracts this year because everyone is hoping next year the cap will increase as planned. At that point they'll sign longer term deals.

If they can't just play football and be social warriors outside of the stadium then I hope their cap drops another $10-$20 million next year. They keep saying nothing to see here, move along but the numbers like this never lie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Meanwhile MLB continues to suck up to China, which only has free and fair elections and they serve free pizza on the lines to prospective voters.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Conservatives are taking credit for COVID impact on league revenues? No drop during the Kaepernick fracas but now COVID hits...
    R U Serious 2.jpg

30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The majority of NFL team revenues come from television contracts. Viewership is down, and you are saying tv viewing is down because people had to stay home? Good one!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1