MNF Denver vs Tennessee

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BevoJoe, Sep 15, 2020.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Anybody watch the game? Both teams were terrible, but it was laughable. Clock management seemed to be a foreign concept. Titan kicker missed 3 FG and an xtra pt but they still won 16-14. It was more like the Three Stooges vs the Marx Brothers. My wife and I spent most of the game laughing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I watched it. I think your analysis is spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Tennessee needs to be looking for a new kicker. It is too late to help my Week 1, but there is NO excuse for leaving ten points off the board due to a kicker. Not to mention the field position you give your opponent with a missed FG...

(Contest entries went 4-1, 2-3, 2-3, with one of the losses in Entry 2 being related to my having taken CLE in one Entry and BAL in the other knowing I was giving up a loss in one of them).

4. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Cleveland is looking for a new kicker

5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

I've said for years that in the NFL, you can pretty much figure out who's going to win based on the team's QB and field goal kicker.

Everything else is about the same - quality of players, schemes, strategies, what plays they call based on down and distance, etc. The main differences are quality of QB play, which is the most important thing in football, and if the FG kicker can reliably make long kicks when the pressure is on.

I would gladly spend a high draft pick for a great FG kicker, like the Raiders did with Janowski many years ago. And to a lesser extent, a good punter. They had Shane Letcher from the Aggs for a long time, and he was basically good for an extra first down every punt, as he'd pin the other team 10 yards further back than anyone else could have.