Mom in the Coach's Office

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Rayug, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

I found this somewhat amusing:

On if a “mom” could view the grade:
    If she asks, with a video. They don't usually stay long in my office and they come and want to sit. I make him sit with me I do. Mom, Dad and son, right there. And I say, “Tell me. Tell me that's a hundred percent. Tell me he's doing great. I just want to know that you think he's doing great, because if you do, he needs to transfer, because he's loafing.” And then they usually chew him out and get out of the office real quick.

2. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

okaaaaaay... [​IMG]

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Where'd you read that?

4. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

5. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

6. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

I saw that in yesterday's press conference. In context, he was talking about grading players' effort in practice and the fact that he is bringing forward those who grade well, but not highlighting those who are falling behind. The grade is discussed with the individual players as they review the practice video that was used to grade them. I'm paraphrasing here, but Mack told the room full of reporters that if they didn't see a player brought forward for accolades they could assume what they wanted. Then the subject of whether the "mom" could see the grade.

7. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I love the tough policy. Make them responsible for what they are accomplishing. Performance reviews are a good thing.

8. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

You people who were questioning the OP need to go back and listen to the video. Its there and its PRICELESS.

Mack turns into the psuedo SOUP NAZI in these situations

NEEEEXXXXXTTTT........

NO MORE LOAFING, none , NOT ANY

KAPESH!

I love it.

Thats the kinda attitude a coach has to have to get us to the TITLE

And Macks got it.

[​IMG]

9. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I also think every coach who signed onto the program wants to just get'er done!
    [​IMG]