More US terrorism

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

My initial reaction on hearing there was a mass shooting at Ohio State was that Harbaugh was really pissed off by the loss Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ISIS called for truck attacks about a week ago

MSNBC says one is a student at OSU, a Somali refugee & lawful permanent resident of the US

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

But.....but we've been told refugees don't commit terrorism.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Media says: "motive unknown"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, puzzling, what could the motive be? They are, afterall "lawful permanent residents" of the U.S. of A. I'm sure that they love and honor their new country and would never do anything to undermine it. Hum, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile BO, imports thousands more of them every month. 50-something days until sanity returns to this country.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be."

Probably true, though in the opposite of the sense intended.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  9. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Second hand from a friend who has a son at OSU, but at least some of the "knives" reported were machetes.
    The machete ties this to other terrorist attacks, such as the one against policemen in NY several months ago. Your average Joe isn't running about hacking folks with a machete.

It is hard to see this as anything but a tragedy, but there is some irony to how this story has slowly evolved over the day. At first, much hand-wringing over guns, and how disgusting the USA is for allowing people to have guns.
    Then the realization that guns actually helped end the situation. Now, the media is almost desperate in their attempt to color this as something other than most likely a radical Muslim terrorist attack. (In my opinion, any nut case who does something like this is committing an act of terror)
    When asked if the terrorist said anything, the media won't say "No", just "no comment", etc.
    Which probably means there was something said, and it probably sounded like "Shacmar Balla".

I find it curious that many Americans are so quick to be "ashamed, disgusted, horrified" about the gun laws in the US, but will hold their tongue, or be called a racist Islamaphobe if they speak out against radical Muslim. Such a double standard.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Proper term is "aloha snackbar".

• Like Like x 4
  11. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

What will be more telling to me is if they are not even recent (last 2 years) immigrants/refugees, but rather they were likely born here or brought here as young children (aka. "home grown terrorists"). In my opinion, the second generation is more likely to resent America and more dangerous.

The original refugees/immigrants know how crappy the country they left was. They know what they were running from and what they came to, and while their lives in America may not be champagne and caviar, they are a damn site better than where they came from and they appreciate that fact.

The second generation though....they get pissed off because they can't attain the American dream. They get pissed off because they are caught in the middle between being American but feeling Somali/Syrian/etc. The enclaves that these communities form then foster a local tribal mentality and they feedback on each other until the hate for America grows to a boiling point.

Granted only a few take it this far, but why in the world would we even accept a few instances? Why do invite our terrorists into our home?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Not sure why politicians, celebrities and political hacks are so quick to react to incomplete news. Kudos to Senator Kaine for not deleting is own ignorance, unlike the tweet in the first post.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, that's the important aspect of this incident.

Hopefully, that Somali, Muslim turd bled out in severe pain.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Since the weapons of choice were machetes and automobiles, how does the Left decide abolishing the 2nd amendment rectifies the situation? Makes no sense.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Motive unknown ......

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

He was 14 when he was let into our coutty. Dems tell us all the time we have othing to worry about with women and children being let in and call us racist xenophobic and cold hearted if we do not agree

• Like Like x 1
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I agree with the bolded.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At long last, the lamestream media wakes up to the danger to us all of honor students.

[​IMG]

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This lefty is a piece of work