Mosquito Nix System...expensive?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Mrs. Reboot, May 17, 2005.

1. Mrs. Reboot

Mrs. Reboot 100+ Posts

Anyone have experience with this system? How effective and expensive is it? Thank you!

2. We started out with one of the vacum system that emits co2 and it was ineffective. The Mosquito Nix system works great. We installed it and it goes off twice a day and we don't have mosquitos in the backyard anymore. I am a big fan.

btw, I tried you husbands burgers and liked them. My wife thought the blue cheese was too strong so the next time we cut the amount of cheese in half and switched it to gorgonzolla (sp) and it was a winner.

3. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

pch...
    you forgot to mention price!!

for what it is worth, my parents put this in their house and I think it cost like $1000 for installation.. then they pay $75 quarterly for maintenance and whatever it costs to refill the 55 gal drum when it runs out... they also can confirm the greatness of the system..

a competitor is Mosquito Defense...The Link not sure how they compare with pricing..

4. ldogg, oops. It was about $1500 to instal and we pay about $200 a year to refill the system.

5. Mrs. Reboot

Mrs. Reboot 100+ Posts

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the feedback. We need some kind of relief, that's for sure!

6. HookEm

HookEm 100+ Posts

We just got the ABC misting system. It is working very well now. We paid about $2500 for the back yard system and there will be on-going (quarterly) maintenance fees for replenishing the poison, etc.

We just got it about 2 weeks ago, so far, so good.

7. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

Wouldnt it be more economical and health friendly to plant some citronella instead of puffing poison into your back yard.

8. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

wolfman...
    the stuff from M-nix and M-defense comes from a flower.. so it isn't chemicals... it is organic.... not sure about that ABC stuff, but at $2500 that sounds way expensive...

9. HookEm

HookEm 100+ Posts

The misting systems are chrysanthemum-based organic compounds. They are not poisonous to pets, kids (I have 3) or plants. There are a few companies offering basically the same thing and $2,500 is very much a competitive bid.

10. Super_Chachi

Super_Chachi Guest

1 gallon milk jug (empty)
    2 cloves of garlic choped (no peeling required)
    2 pepers (the hotter the better)
    1 pint of vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon dishsoap
    rest water
    Spray at rate of 1/4 cup per gallon

Total cost $2.00

Having 2 mosquito bites in 3 months.... priceless

This is the most effective mosquito control I have found to date. It is dirt cheap and environmently friendly. Give it a try and don't waste your money on the expensive stuff. I work on my house and lawn almost every single day and I have only gotten bit twice! Spray it on your lawn, shrubs, trees... Theory is that the garlic/pepper kills larve. The oil and soap smother the larve and mosquitos don't travel very far from where they were born. Kill the larve....no more mosquitos, spiders, aphids, etc..

Hook'em and God Bless ATX[​IMG]

11. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

12. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

Do you mean 1/4 cup solution per gallon water?

13. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

yeah.. explain how you are spraying... do you mix this concotion and then use it on one of those hose attachment things for miracle grow or something?

14. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

Or do you get one of those pump action things and walk around spraying the foliage?

15. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

we need answers damnit!!! I'm like a freaking Ryan's Steakhouse to all the stoner mosquitos...

16. Mrs. Reboot

Mrs. Reboot 100+ Posts

I PM'd Super_Chachi but I haven't heard anything yet. I'll be sure to post if he gets back to me before posting. I am anxious to try his idea out, but am clueless on what he meant as well!

17. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts