Most irritating CF team outside of the Big 12

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ronich, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Outside of the Big 12 teams what CF team do you hate the most?

1. Nebraska

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Ohio State

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Notre Dame

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. USC

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Florida State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Alabama

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  7. Penn State

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  8. Miami

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  9. Florida

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. None of the above

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

The summer slowdown is here and polls help pass the time until the fall!

That said, outside of the Big 12 teams, what College Football team (and their fans) irritates you the most ?

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

How did those w-sips from wu avoid making the list? :brickwall:

Yes, yes...I know they can be put under 'none of the above' but that means they are then on par with all of the other unnamed schools.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I voted for ND, but it is a hate tie for me: ND & Penn St.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Notre Dame. And it's not even close.

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Virginia Tech.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Got to be the Irish.

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Only because they ran to the SECSECSEC, I'm surprised a&m is on that list.

I voted ND, though.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I guess I'm the only one who likes Notre Dame, always have.
    I'll duck for cover now.

9. WorsterMan

LC, your a good poster around here, but I had to report you to the mods for your statement!

• Like Like x 5
  10. LonghornCatholic

Yea, I understand and will accept my 30 day ban like a man.

• Like Like x 2
  11. WorsterMan

some may ask for your Longhorn card but I won't go that far.... Hey maybe the mods will put you in the same cell as Taps!

• Like Like x 1
  12. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

He probably likes the Yankees and Celtics also...

13. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I voted ND - if they played OU, I'd root for the meteor to hit ...

• Like Like x 4
  14. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Make him recite the "Tyler Rosary," and four "Hail DKR's."

• Like Like x 4
  15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It’s on his permanent record now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

LC, plead for double secret probation.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This could start a whole new thread for the off season, like the one about a certain coach. The one across the Red River.

LC likes Bob Stoops and clubs baby seals, just for fun. :smile1:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

@LonghornCatholic - if you're looking for anonymity, I'm your man. Just Conversation me and I'll set up a drop.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

No worries. I came very close to going to ND. Still follow them, but when they play the horns I want us to beat them into the dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't "like" them, but it's funny how much hatred they inspire from teams who aren't even their rivals. An attitude Texas fans look down on when we're on the receiving end of it.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I voted for none of the above because the SEC aggys weren't listed.

22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Exactly. I don’t get the hate at all.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Miami. It's where thug-ball started. Never have forgiven them for the Cotton Bowl fiasco.

• Like Like x 3
  24. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

Well said Statalyzer, no one is worthy of the word "hate" in a game...may restate the poll.

I intentionally left the Aggies off the list, because it was too obvious. I really wanted to get a handle on teams outside of the Aggies and OU.

Regardless of the verb used...the Irish win hands down on my end.

25. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Anyone who did not put Miami did not in Dallas for the '91 Cotton Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  26. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

The 1991 Cotton Bowl alone would've been enough to give my vote to Miami. But it wasn't just that. They were like that for decades, and their fans ate it up. They lacked class like no other team, before or since.

I don't know whether the modern team is like that, but my hate persists regardless.

27. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

nu really started the bailing out on the Big 12 because they weren't the top dog and their fan base became very hostile to UT. To me they have very classless fans when it comes to UT and some of them are our friends except when it was game day. It's fairly close between aggy and nu for me although aggy would've been my first choice.

28. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Yeah, they were thugs, but I blame Texas for that fiasco. They came out, got hit in the mouth right away, and curled up in the fetal position the rest of the day. Instead of being TEXAS, they acted like a bunch of little pansies; and the coaches just stuck suckers in their mouths and patted them on their heads. It was probably the only time I was ever actually ashamed of our football team.

There is no way DKR wouldn't have told them, "What are you crying about? Get out there and hit 'em in the mouth, then rip their tongues out!"

• Like Like x 1
  29. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

It's not pure hatred, I just want Notre Dame to lose, most of the time. Miami was bad and I did set through the entire Miami Cotton Bowl. I think their days of thugry are pretty much over now.

Notre Dame has an advantage like no other team. They are the main team of Catholicism, for better or worse since they began. They have a built in nation wide and even international base. They are America's team like no other. That's why NBC gives them a contract for home games and they get special treatment, like they did in the old BSC bowls.

It's why they can be an Independent and have everybody wanting them in their conference. They don't need anybody else, because of who and what they are. Long ago it started and the only team that could match them for a brief period was Army. People liked Army because of who they were, but with the change in rules and times, Army fell by the way side.

Notre Dame has a built in national recruiting base. Good Catholic recruits want to go and/or their parents want them to. It's the only religion based school that has this on such a large scale. Baptist recruits aren't going to Baylor because it's the top Baptist school, in the country, not on a scale like they do Notre Dame.

I kind of wonder if LC would like Notre Dame as much, if they were a Methodist school? Be hoes
    BYU is the only other school that has this, but not even close to the scale that Notre Dame does. That's what sustained Notre Dame at first, then being good of course helped recruiting. There is no local recruiting for Notre Dame really.

The money pours in to Notre Dame because of this, they never lack for it, if they need or want it. All these advantages is why many don't like Notre Dame.

Whatever resentment any other schools like Miami gets is just a blip on the radar screen compared to Notre Dame. They have had it since before WWII. It's just built in because of who they are and the advantages that brings. Miami cheated on a very large scale for their years of success, while Notre Dame doesn't have to. They may have a little at times, but it's not like they just came out of nowhere like a Miami or the SMU teams of the 80's. Miami was about to give up football all together before they cheated. Everybody knows about SMU and what happened there. Notre Dame was a success early and often and just continued on, because of it's built in advantages.

Texas gets resentment from mainly local schools. A&M resents us because we took advantage of things that they didn't and became more successful than them. That's their fault. The smaller schools in Texas don't like us because we have more power than them now. That goes on in most states. Arkansas also has an inferiority complex about us and their supposed bad treatment in the old SWC. Then a few Big 12 schools joined this crowd, because Texas was overshadowing them, in their minds. This pales besides Notre Dame. Most people either like Notre Dame or they really don't on a national basis. Texas doesn't get that, or really any other team. Miami did for a bit, but doesn't have the staying power or history of it like Notre Dame.

Notre Dame gets the resentment, because they just started out with a big advantage, that no other school had, by default. It still has it today and some people don't like that. People often don't like other people born with a "silver spoon in their mouth." Notre Dame was born with a Golden Dome and gold helmets. They have been golden ever since.

So I don't hate them, but I want them to lose nearly every game they play, besides we are in nearly a dead heat for all time wins with them, so every loss helps.

I kind of wonder if LC would like Notre Dame if it was a Methodist school? Be honest LC.

30. LonghornCatholic

Along with a few other things..........