most televised team of all time

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by madscientist, Jan 25, 2008.

1. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

i think i remember reading that texas and usc are the most televised teams in cfb history. any chance that usc gets hit with ncaa sanctions that include no tv for a season or two, and would that put us ahead of them if it were to happen? obviously, its hard to catch them when we're both on tv every week now- and we're having trouble making our ccg to help make up the difference.

2. Texas Rugby

Texas Rugby 100+ Posts

At one point in the mid-1980s I believe, Texas was THE most televised college team in history. Also the first to have every game televised in a season (1985?).

3. irishtexan

irishtexan 100+ Posts

i do not see how this could be the case with the deal Notre Dame has. Notre Dame would have had to have been rarely televised before their exclusive deal for UT to still be the most televised team.

4. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

This is a key issue to next season's success.

5. madscientist

steel shank, settling for 2nd best may be adequate for you and bon jovi, but not for me.

6. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

The Link

Michigan.

I don't know where else to find the actual data, but from my numerous Google searches, they all point to Michigan.

7. Eastside

Eastside 25+ Posts

Everything I've read recently has said the NCAA has moved away from the no TV thing because it unfairly punishes the team's opponents. Wouldn't look for any TV-related sanctinos.

8. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

I always thought that since they wouldn't take away TV appearances anymore that they should simply take away TV revenue away.

For out-of-conference games, the share could all go to the opponent.

For in-conference games, the share would just be split up among the rest of the conference teams.

And this should include bowl games, assuming a team doesn't get banned from post-season play.

9. madscientist

per mack's site:

Total television appearances: 349

not sure how updated that is. couldn't find recent info from goblue or usc's site. i guess this thread is pointless.

10. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Steel Shank + Bon Jovi = #1 bad *** dudes

11. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

12. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

We must close the "nationally televised games" gap.

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I swear there is nothing that we wont try to be the best. I hate the off season.

14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

The real question, is how many 10 televised game seasons have we had? We must protect the streak.

15. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

+

10 win season

=

[​IMG]
    (AWESOME)

16. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts

17. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Best mascot
    Best school song
    Best fight song
    Best colors
    Best looking road uni
    Best WORD (TEXT) for name
    (is there a better word in all of language than T-E-X-A-S)
    Best looking geographical image on earth, including Google Earth

Basically, the cat's ***. [​IMG]

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts