movers... need recommendation (Austin)

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by tropheus, Oct 25, 2007.

1. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

We've used Apple and got a quote from PSI a hornfans poster for our last move back in April. I called PSI and his numbers are no longer in service. Anyone know where he is, if he still has his moving company? We liked his bid the first time, but Apple was a little less, but ended up the same and they didn't take as good care of our stuff as they did the last time we used them. So, we'd like to just give PSI the work this time.

If PSI doesn't move anymore, anyone got a recommendation?

2. TxEx2x

TxEx2x 100+ Posts

I'm using All Texas Moving and Storage tomorrow. They came highly recommended from a friend of mine. 380-9898. I called on Wed am, and they were able to schedule me for Saturday. Their estimate was about 10% cheaper than the other company that was recommended to me.

3. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

PSI moved us into our house this past may. so as of may 2007 he was still in service.

4. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

TxEx -- let me know how it goes...

5. valencia

valencia 100+ Posts

Is this a local move? Am looking at a move from Austin to Dallas.

6. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

local. there's a guy on the horn network board that works for a moving company that does everything -- worth a shot. He's giving us a quote today actually.

7. TxEx2x

TxEx2x 100+ Posts

My move went pretty well. They showed up within 15 minutes of the promised time and moved me really fast. I just had them move the big pieces of furniture (about 8 pieces, ranging from 64 inch TV to dressers to Entertainment Center). There were 3 guys in my crew and it took about 30 minutes to load, 30 minutes to drive and 30 minutes to unload. The guys were super nice and really seemed to know what they were doing. I did get a couple of minor scratches on my furniture that I'm going to call to have their repair guy come out to touch up. All in all, it was WELL WORTH the money I spent not to have to move those big items myself nor to have to figure out how to get the big items into my new home...

8. Bustahyman

Bustahyman Guest

I used All Texas Moving for our move and they were great. I have never hired movers before and it was well worth it. I think I was expecting gruff old guys that slam your stuff around, but they were really nice and actually moved some stuff we hadn't included in the original quote.

9. groover

groover 25+ Posts

i highly recommend Aloha Moving in Austin. they handled my move last month. the packing and moving crews are very sharp, hard working guys. they went above and beyond and never complained about anything. and their rates were better than any other company that gave us a quote.

Aloha