Movie Review: The Road

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by EJC+1, Dec 6, 2009.

1. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

Very good movie with some awesome and powerful acting. The boy steals the show. Movie is almost right on with the book in terms of plot. The movie doesn't quite capture the magic that the book does, but what movie does. And the ending...damn...the wife and I were choked up for 20 mins after it was over....powerful ****.

2. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

After reading the book I have no desire to see the movie. Can't imagine putting myself through it. And I loved the book.

3. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

how was omar?

4. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Omar was cold. That scar is evidently real.

The movie is almost unrelentingly grim. I found myself moved by the relationship between father and son as the movie ended.

Glad I saw it, but not sure about recommending it. Undeniably a well done movie and I'm a Viggo fan. I think the review in Entertainment Weekly (read in the doctor's office) hit it pretty well.

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

6. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

7. longtex

longtex Guest

8. utmck

utmck 500+ Posts

Saw it last night based on coments here on HF's and thought it was a great movie about a dark subject.

9. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

So is this an Americanized Sartre or Camus?

I read the book. It was well written. I've experienced the content. Don't know if I really need to see the movie.

10. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

I saw it and immediately went home to watch Schindler's List to raise my spirits.

11. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

I too am too scared to see the movie. At least until my son graduates 8th grade.

12. RC Didnt Offer

RC Didnt Offer 250+ Posts

I have a 7 yr old son. I have no idea what I was thinking when I read the book. It scarred me for life I think (I'm only half kidding). Dark, dark, dark.