Mrs. Macanudo has passed

Discussion in 'PCL' started by Hornius Emeritus, May 19, 2010.

1. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Macanudo,

Words don't exist that can express my sorrow upon reading your post. I can't imagine the pain, the hurt, the loss you must be feeling now.

If there is anything that I can do or anything that you need, please don't hesitate to PM me or email me at

iotexas@gmail.com

Prayers for you and for your beautiful kids.

HE

2. Vince4Heisman

Vince4Heisman 250+ Posts

So sorry for your loss, prayers to you and your family.

3. TDTexas!

TDTexas! 250+ Posts

Mac - our families are so saddened and very sorry you lost Mrs Mac and wish we could give you 5 minutes of comfort. So many of us have cherished families. I have mrs tdtexas! and a 3rd generation Longhorn daughter. Hug your girls tight and may the peace of God that excels all thought guard your heart. Cyber-hugs to you all !

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This has weighed heavy on my mind today. Yes, you will survive and you will be strong but it is sad that you have to under this circumstance. She helped not only make you the man you are but also the man you are capable of being. Your daughters are lucky to have you AND your good taste in music.

Good vibes from Austin in your direction wherever you are situated now. Last I know of it was Washington state or somewhere like that.

5. Hornit

Hornit 100+ Posts

Mac,

I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. We've never met, but I feel like I know you and Mrs. Mac just from reading your posts.

You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

6. LdyLnghrn

LdyLnghrn 100+ Posts

I can't even begin to express to you my sorrow for the pain that you and your girls are going through right now. I know that, for a lot of us, we are just faceless names on a message board, but somehow over the years I have come to feel as though I grew to know all about you, Mrs. Mac, and your girls. The whole time you were living in Fairbanks Freakin' Alaska, we all shared that adventure with you, and then cheered upon your return to civilization.

I am SO SO SORRY and send you, your girls, and all of the Macanudo family many thoughts and prayers for peace in your hearts at such a difficult time.

I think I'll go get my toaster out of the pantry, and make some toast, now.

[​IMG]

7. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

Mac;

People don't know what to say at times like these. Any words and of us would try to use to express the depths of our sorrow and our sympathy for you and your family and friends would be futile. Like all families, the Hornfans family has its squabbles and its bickering. But we are a family. Most of us have never met. Nonetheless, I think we all get to know and care for eachother on these boards. I'm in Houston. I don't know where you are or where your family is located. If anyone in your circle of family or friends needs anything at anytime anywhere near the Houston area, let me know.

8. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas 25+ Posts

I'm stunned. My heart goes out to your family, which I feel I know in some way after all of these years on this board. My thoughts are with you.

9. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

Mac,
    I can not think of anything really coherent to say other than I am so saddened to hear this and that you and your girls are in my heart and prayers today. Many of us will think of you and your family often - every time we make toast! So every thought is a cyber-hug. Many thoughts and prayers my friend.

10. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

This terrible news brought a tear to my eye when I read it yesterday. Like so many here and elsewhere, I feel as if I know Mac and Mrs.Mac and those beautiful girls.

I distinctly remember tales of frozen tundra with Dr. Mom and CigarLovin' Stay-at-Home Mr. Dad.

And I distinctly remember the love and respect and even reverence that came through Mac's words when he spoke of his wife. His best friend.

Our hearts go out to you Mac.

God bless. Let us know.

[​IMG]

11. UT86&89

UT86&89 100+ Posts

I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers to out to you and your family during this difficult time.

12. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

so very very sorry for your loss...

[​IMG]

13. 7out

7out 100+ Posts

I'm very sorry for your loss.

14. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

am so very sorry

15. someone

someone 250+ Posts

Mac, as someone who lost his father on April 25th I understand how hard it is dealing with the loss of someone you love very much so suddenly. I pray that you will continue to find the strength and for your family.

[​IMG]

16. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Jesus Mac, I am so sorry. I read "Mrs. Mac has passed" and all I thought was damn, she passed another medical something or other. I cannot believe it is this, I am in absolute shock.

My family sends our love and our hopes for you guys. Please let us know if there's anything I can do.

17. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I'm sorry Mac. Hugs.

18. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

Lo siento brother.

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Just saw this. I don't know what to say, other than I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Be strong for your girls, and know that literally thousands of HornFans and shagsters will be praying for you and them.

20. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Mrs. Mac will always be with you through the memories of the past and the blessings she left behind.

[​IMG]

21. SkySooner

SkySooner 100+ Posts

Mac,

You have always been a great voice on HF. I actually had tears in my eyes when I read that. I have no idea how I would react in the same situation, and I'm just a few years older than year. Peace be with you, brother.

22. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

Mac,

Im so sorry for your loss. Ms Macs post always made me laugh.

My Deepest Condolences.

23. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

Mac- You're right, there is no other way to say it.

Deepest condolences to you, your daughters and all your family and friends.

Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
    Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
    Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
    Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
    Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
    - Pueblo Blessing

24. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I saw this a couple days ago and couldn't respond then. Your post is hard to read because the natural feelings of loss and pain come leaping from it.

Thanks for sharing your loss with us. Hope can still be found in your children, your friends, and of course your family.(your faith?) Please lean on all of them and also let them lean on you too as you all try and work through explaining/understanding/dealing with your sudden and unexplainable loss.

Take your time. Work through it.

Some solitude might be helpful too. I was able to take a few days to drive up the coast of Calif after my brother suddenly passed away. It was highly therapeutic saying goodbye then while still keeping his memories close to this day recalling the days spent out there even now.

My sincere condolences, man. Be strong.

25. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I agree with the solitude. When my father passed away two years ago I made a drive to see him for what I knew was to be the last time he was alive. Many of the previous trips to see him had that aspect to it as he was very ill. But this time he was literally on his deathbed. He was holding on for what his wife felt was to see me.

Growing up he said to me he did not want people to see him sick and helpless if he ever got to be in that shape. He surely did not want me to see him that way. He said it very clearly to me and I understood.

Well, as the time came his wife said he was hanging on, barely. It was now or never. I spoke to him on the phone and his wife said he came to and was coherent for the first time in a couple of days. I asked him flat out if he wanted me to go ahead and go up and see him. He weakly stated that yes he did.

It was a very long ride up there but going to Santa Fe was therapy. Hitting the open countryside, the mountains and then the city. Coming back to Austin was the same. Me, the road and lots of music played very loudly. I know you love music, good music too.

You may want to think about hitting up an epic drive with music blasting. You, the beautiful Earth, loud music, cigars and your wife as she will be there. You are going to cry, you are going to laugh and you are going to lose yourself. You will be glad you did, I think.

I hope you are able to know the serious sentiment behind this when I say that I wish I could take you to Whataburger at this moment and time, give you a cd or two to jam out to and send you on your way for a long drive.

[​IMG]

26. Bevo's Buddy

Bevo's Buddy 500+ Posts

Oh no. I am so sorry to read this.

I have always enjoyed reading your posts (and Mrs. Mac's too). Even though I've never met either of you in person, I feel a part of me is gone too.

You and your family will remain in my prayers.

27. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

This is devastating news. I am heartbroken for you and your daughters. My prayer is that you will get through this together.

28. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

You guys crack me up with the solitude stuff. [​IMG]

I had a great amount of help over the previous two weeks. My in-laws were here. My parents both came for a few days. And i have an aunt/uncle/cousins in the area. Neighbors and friends have been great.

Hug your loved ones. You never know when it will end.

29. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree 100+ Posts

Mac,
    My sincere condolences on your loss. You clearly had a kick-*** partner in life.

3rd Degree

30. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

I have not posted here in a long time but I always remember your Mr. Mom posts from Alaska and Mrs. Mac's toaster adventure. The love ya'll had for each other and your family always came through when you posted. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.