Mueller Report Finally Released...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

If Trump goes down in 2020, this will be buried forever and the Dems, as threatened by Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi, will weaponize the Justice Dept. to go after Citizen Trump.

If Trump gets reelected, it will be interesting to see if Barr can legally tie this directly to Obama and Hillary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I think once Trump is out, that the Democrats will forget about him. This is all a political game. Once he is no longer an obstacle to power, he will be forgotten.

Then 5 years later he will be the good guy Republican once another Republican threatens to take power away. Then the next guy will be the worst ever. At least that is how the game has been played for 20 years or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Never forget. See Nixon.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Should it be shown Obama was aware of the shenanigans going on vis a vis spying on the Trump campaign, Nixon will look like an angel by comparison.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

No. Nixon was an (R).

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Because Trump has demonstrated to be so truthful? McGhan was under oath. I'll reserve judgement if the POTUS testifies under oath. Absent that, I'll believe the individual who gave testimony with penaties attached.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No because context matters plus people hear things differently. You should know that by know with how the press has misinterpreted Trumps words again and again.

9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

10. Seattle Husker

This is true. If course, if the more likely scenario "nothing" occurs then this wishful thinking conspiracy theory will be abandoned for the next one.

11. Seattle Husker

Fact: Trump helped Don Jr. draft a lie to the initial media report of the Trump Tower meeting. That's documented, not misinterpreted.

Sadly, our POTUS has lied hundreds of times. We're not talking about hyperbole or spin but LIES.

[Cue: Remember when Obama said you'd get to keep your insurance...]

12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And how many lies did the media propagate?

14. Seattle Husker

Many less than were called "Fake News".

Wait, I thought we were debating Meghan's vs Trump's integrity. You're sly with the whataboutism. Show me where McGahn has many documented lies and I'll reconsider my position.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You seem confused between a legal investigation vs a political attack. Unfortunately the Mueller team and the media cheerleaders were more engaged in a political attack than a legal investigation. So, when viewing Trump’s actions, you have to ask if he is responding to a legal investigation or a political attack by the lying media.

16. Seattle Husker

McGahn was responding to a LEGAL investigation regarding Obstruction. The political attack was Trump's and your own so forgive if I question your lecture on the DIFFERENCE between a legal investigation vs a political attack. Given your confusion about the difference I can understand why you are sidestepping the fact that McGhan faces perjury for lying while Trump receives fellatio from his supporters.

17. Sangre Naranjada

Fixation noted.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Like I said, you only heard one side which is true statement of fact that cannot be denied.

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

There has been a mention that neither Trump or McGahn was lying but just a misunderstanding on McGahn's part. I don't know either way.

20. Seattle Husker

Both parties were asked to be deposed, only 1 side agreed. So, we only have McGahn's testimony to go off with the other party able to claim anything and everything with no penalty.

21. Seattle Husker

Just throwing you a bone. Didn't want you to feel left out of the conversation.

22. Seattle Husker

Of course it was. How 'bout we let McGahn clear up the "misunderstanding" in a committee hearing? Oh wait...the White House said "no" to that.

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I agree with the White House. The only way to shut this investigation down is to stop talking to the committee or this ****-show will continue for the rest of his presidency.

24. Seattle Husker

Like the 7 different Benghazi investigations, the White House has ZERO power to halt the investigations without control of Congress. It seems the White House is disputing the known truth. It's the only ACCEPTED truth because it was under oath. Anything else at this point is the WH pissing in the wind.

Maybe DJT would be so kind to spend 11 hours in public testimony in front of Congress to clear up any misunderstandings?

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Regardless, firing Mueller would have been constitutional. This is the political attack part that you disregard.

26. Seattle Husker

Check out Nixon's articles of impeachment. That's also a constitutional process. Nobody said Nixon couldn't fire his AG but THE REASON for termination can be used in constitutional proceedings just as a directive to McGahn to fire Mueller could be.

I'm not advocating for impeachment though the Mueller report does lay out impeachable offenses. The country would be better off if Trump was simply voted out of office to endure the dustbin of history which I suspect won't be as kind to him as his predecessors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think i will stick to Dershowitz if I need an opinion on constitutional matters.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Seattle Husker

You seem to be debating an argument I haven't seen anyone make, along with Dershowitz. Has anyone claimed firing Mueller, or even Comey was unconstitutional? If so, I haven't read that perspective.

I'm saying Nixon's constitutional act of firing his AG was used against him in impeachment articles. Is Dershowitz claiming that the firings, and underlying motivation, couldn't legally be used in an obstruction case against Trump?

29. Sangre Naranjada

Fixation noted.

30. Seattle Husker

An perverted interpretation of that colloquialism is on you. I can't take credit for that one.