Mulkey hits new low

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by WCBBNUT, Mar 11, 2015.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

If you still have the game on DVR or you see a replay, go to the final 57 second mark when Kim pulls her starters.

While her subs are checking in, the only players near her on the floor are Texas. Kim squats down. Davenport is closest to Kim. At that moment, Kim yells at our girls "Be careful what you wish for". She then yells it again and winks. Then she mouths something else (can't make it out but it looks snarky) this time directly at Davenport. Then play resumes...

After the game, Mulkey makes another verbal jab at Davenport who pulls away looking a bit stunned. I won't swear by it but in slo-mo it looks pretty nasty as if Kim says FU. Just saying what it looks like... Take a look.

Good coach or not, Mulkey is a horrible human being. Talking smack to players is a new low from that trash who, in my opinion, held all the previous records for new lows.

I am now fully in the Aston camp on how she closed out the game. I hope she carries that final 57 seconds into the tournament and into next season. My sizable donation with my ticket order next year will include a note that simply says "Bring me the head of that trailer park trash from Waco".

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Speechless.

3. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

O.k. I guess I can say "Great Job Empress!" She must have been effective to be that offensive to Mulkey.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Can anyone post the link to the Baylor Fan thread that has the comments on Empress vs SulkeyMulkey?

This sh*t ain't going away...Mulkey has finally crossed the line attacking a PLAYER..
    and there WILL be payback! :angry:

Aston's a big girl and can handle it, but the other? Uh-uh, folks, that can't play...:hookem:

5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Decide for yourself.. :popcorn:

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

7. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, that shows CLEARLY Mulkey grabbing Empress by the neck and saying sh*t to her...as I stated earlier, I am proud of Empress for not b***h slapping her back to Wacko, or the hole she obviously crawled out of...
    Note to Empress: When we beat them next year, can you please smile your BIGGEST SMILE EVER when you pass her? But stay out of reach of her claw-like hands!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

unbelieveable! but considering who was on the sidelines, guess not.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

Has any reporter asked Davenport about it? And by the way, I've seen lots of losing teams continue to play hard right down to the end of a game, even when they are way behind. It's not that unusual. And why shouldn't Texas, or any team, try to cut the margin to improve our NCAA seed? Does Mulkey really think we did it to make her reserves look bad?

10. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Not that it matters at this point, but can't the NCAA punish/fine an opposing coach for taunting and/or touching a player? Why would she grab a player? Seems like that should at least be technical.

11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Stunningly disgusting behavior on KM's part. If it were any other coach I'd say shocking...

12. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Thanks, WCBBNUT, for doing the research. I remain dumbfounded. I've never seen a coach act this way toward another teams' players. And the bs that other coaches are supposed to acknowledge it when reserves are put in by pulling off their press or putting in their own subs is absurd. I've seen a whole lot of basketball games for 50 something years and I've never seen the other side stop trying or pull starters just because the team who was ahead did. Pat Summit and Leon Barmore, if they were ever behind, would have been the last ones to ever do it, and Kim herself would never do it. Can you believe she was so angry at the innocuous comments that Brianna and the other player (forget which one) made about beating Baylor? Honestly, any coach who can't show better sportsmanship and act more like a grown up should not be in the position, period. Many adolescents have a higher maturity level than she does. I would be mortified if a Texas coach acted that way. Reading the Baylor forum, I thought that at least half the Baylor posters agreed that she went over the top.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Couldn't agree more Joe. This is ridiculous! There has GOT to be some accountability for her actions! If not, KM will think she can run all over the Big 12, ref's, and these athletes. Pat Summit and Gino A. have never stooped to this level! You can be on top and still have class! That is where respect for THE GAME comes in! Being on top of any sport does not give you the right to degrade, humiliate, bash or poke directly at these student athletes!

I hope that Aston and her crew, AD, etc. are checking into this and demand a public apology and fine her! Of course, KM could probably care less if she would have to pay a fine. It would be the public apology that would make her skin crawl (even worse than it looks like it is). She would have to choke those words out! She's obnoxious and disrespectful of this game and the Big 12 (refs included). No wonder her players are following in her footsteps. She's known to have some pretty disrespectful players past and present. Sure, they're good at basketball......but who will want to hire a smart-lipped, bad attitude, whining kid out of college in the real world????

That being said.....I'm very proud of our team's actions on and off the court. Win or lose they are respectful and very much so class acts! Aston and our coaches included! Hope they don't sweep this crap under the rug!

• Like Like x 1
  15. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

EXACTLY!!!! Something every team out there would say before playing a team! I think this all boils down to KM being maybe just a little nervous about this game (the Championship). They beat us by 17ish at Baylor (the game we lost Nneka in), but we lost by 2 at home. Her butt cheeks were clenched tightly in both games until the end of the Big 12 Championship. They loosened up a little then clenched back up when we started coming back!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I checked it out. Not to be believed. She was evidently spoiling for a fight and was going to find something, no matter how innocent. Thanks again for the great YouTube post.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Not trying to make anyone be a believer. There was negativity spewed, as per witnesses. It is being investigated. Just didn't want you thinking that I am assuming this. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well the way I understood it, the tip about this came off the Baylor boards by one of their posters. I saw it live, but had no idea she was talking to Empress on the court. Love to know what was said when they were leaving the benches, but this looks horrible on Mulkey's part. A class act she will never be and for HER to put herself in the same sentence with Pat Summit is enough to make you vomit. She'll never get the respect that a LOT of coaches that preceded her will no matter her hardware. She has tarnished her legacy beyond repair IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Just now saw this. What a dick.

Although Auriemma actually seems the type who would do this.

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Holy crap! I've seen coaches talk to opposing players before, but I dont think I've ever seen a coach try this hard to pick on a player. What a jack wagon!

21. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Some of the Baylor fans were talking about Joyner Holmes...If this "Mulkey Mess" becomes more public, as it very well might, I hope Joyner and her family read these posts, watch the video, and realize that Baylor and their shameful behavior is NOT for her!! :hookem:

22. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

If this is all true- the league should reprimand her. Unbelievably unprofessional. One of the many things that makes me proud to be a Texas Ex, our coaches have class. Across the board.

23. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

The fact that one of our players literally had to push an opposing coach away from her because she was being bullied... It is outrageous. That woman is a mess and should not be around young women. I hear Griner no longer speaks to her. I am sure that is true of other players as well. :angry:

24. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Once more, can anyone please post the exact thread on the Baylor Fan site where it speaks of the incident?

If it were MY daughter, I'd sue Mulkey's a$$ off for ASSAULT....grabbing her around the neck like that!!
    :angry::angry:

25. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Baylor is not really talking about this, they are taking about Aston not benching her starters in the final minute when Mulkey benched hers. Only one post in the thread link below mentions Mulkey talking to players and it doesn't get much attention:
    http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290285&page=2

Warning: It's pretty disgusting over there. Read at your own risk.

26. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

BBV, I went over to Baylorfans, but couldn't find the thread where they talk specifically about the Empress incident. Looks like you have to have a username at the site in order to search the threads....don't wish to sign up with Baylor for ANYTHING. Lol.

27. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Interesting that Kim is chewing on Aston. She hired her for her staff several years ago so she must have thought highly of her skills. Or, maybe, that was Kim's way of stabbing Jody in the back.

28. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

BBV Horn and True to Horns, I read the Baylor forum without signing up. The comment about Empress was not a thread of its own, but just one poster's comment in another thread. I think I described accurately in a post earlier in this thread. It wasn't inflammatory and did not express outrage at Kim, but the person just expressed surprise at what they saw.

29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I absolutely love that this thread comes up when you Google "Mulkey Trash"
    :smile1::smile1::smile1:

30. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Anyone noticed or commented about how, in the video, after Kim has grabbed Empress by the neck, that someone with a long sleeve takes Mulkey by the wrist and removes her hand from Empress' person? I haven't been able to figure out if that was a UT person, or someone from Baylor. Wish I still had the game on DVR.

Actually, I guess that is a wristband, not a long sleeve, so it must be Empress removing Kim's hand. Great composure to do simply that, and to walk away.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015