Mulkey Taking Verbal Shots at Texas?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by MikeUT00, Mar 17, 2008.

1. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

2. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

Eh, I don't necessarily think she's talking about us. If she is, whatever. I can't think right off hand of who she might be talking about, though.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Realistically, given what the Horns have done all season, they were rewarded for what they did during the season. That late season run just capped it off. Can't think of whom she was talking about.

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

She must be talking about A&M who ended up with the #2 seed after starting the season rather slow. Sour grapes. Her team without Players (sp?) is not a #2 seed and really not a #3 seed in my opinion.

5. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

Kim's talking about A&M imo

6. DallasOrangebld

DallasOrangebld 25+ Posts

Just because someone's mouth is moving doesn't mean that they are talking about Texas. There are 63 other teams in the tourney. She could be talking about any of them or she could be just talking in general.Yes, some teams were rewarded for their play at the end of the year. But to think she was singling out Texas is a little paranoid.
    paranoia will destroy ya.....

7. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

I would say that this comment is about A&M. Mulkey has been around long enough to know that seeds are often based on how you finish the season. A&M is a better team than Baylor at this point. They deserve a #2 seed. She really would be well served to keep some of her thoughts unspoken.

8. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Hey, with Coach G here, I'm up for a nice, nasty rivalry with the Baptists. If Mulkey is talking a little trash our way, so much the better. Somehow, though, I think she's got aggy on her mind.

9. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

People taking that as a swipe at Texas are really reaching. Even I see that as much as I dislike that woman.

Apply what happened in the women's side to the men's side. If OU had gotten hot in the tournament and won it, would Rick Barnes (or Bill Self) be pleased as the Conference Champion to be seeded lower than #4 place OU?

I agree with everyone else this was a swipe at A&M.

10. longhorns06

longhorns06 100+ Posts

Hmm.. I actually think Mulkey might have directed that towards the Aggies. Baylor was in a great position to get the 2 Seed and win the Big XII until the injury to Player.... Aggies were AWFUL at the beginning of the season, either barely winning or losing to non-ranked teams.... My guess (if the quotes are just an assumption towards Longhorns) is that quotes were directed towards Aggies getting rewarded 2 Seed over Baylor

11. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

As much as they (aTm) hate it, Baylor has become aggy's biggest rival in sports starting with Football (and don't forget the 5 OT game in Men's basketball). Mulkey would have no reason to take a swipe at the lower-seeded Longhorns in this instance.

In due time though. Coach G will be Cajun Kim's worst nightmare! [​IMG]

12. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

13. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

14. mulkeyway

mulkeyway 25+ Posts

I know Kim and she has great respect for the horns and all they have done. I think she was making a general comment about the way seeds are determined. If anything, it was about the aggies.

15. DiabloTejano

DiabloTejano < 25 Posts