Mulkey - Tearfully Desperate

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 2, 2017.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. b58driver

b58driver < 25 Posts

Totally uncalled for remark, take it to another forum.

3. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

okay,deleted

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

"We've admitted our mistakes" - BFS!

Baylor has admitted to nothing, covered up everything, and tried to coverup more than the rest of the Big XII combined. These coverups are not a recent phenomenon in Waco, but rather have been going on at least three decades. Baylor's administration has been talked to, threatened, and each time becomes more sanctimonious. As a Baptist, who chose The University of Texas over Waco, it is beyond embarrassing, but then I quit supporting them when they made Robert Sloan president.

Did Fact O Bake cancel their endorsement to do her "paint job"?

That woman is to women's athletics as Tom Osborne, Frank Beamer, Howard Schnellenberger were to men's.

• Like Like x 7
  5. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Nope

• Like Like x 2
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Well, it's hard to distinguish whether she is sorry for her comments, or just sorry that she's getting so much backlash from them.

• Like Like x 8
  9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

How much garbage has to fall from her mouth before we just admit she is full of garbage?

• Like Like x 1
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Seemed a bit desperate, dramatic, STILL tone deaf and insincere rolled up in a messy ball. Hand her a toothpick and she'll pick her teeth in a presser.

She's feeling pressure, but I have to wonder if it's over something we don't know...just yet.

• Like Like x 5
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Jusme you and I both know the answer to that... If there hadn't been any backlash, we wouldn't even be seeing these apologies. I don't buy it... Not for one second. I hope our team doesn't buy it either. We need to kick their asses if we play again.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  12. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

White trash

• Like Like x 1
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That whole thing with the long pauses thrown in was contrived. And yes, no way she's apologizing and backpedaling without the heat.

Michelle Voepel saw sincerity, to which I ask, WHICH TIME?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Out of respect for my friends on this board I will refrain from saying what I really feel about this woman, however I will tell you something my 17 yo daughter said to me, "I used to love Baylor and wanted to play there, but I don't think I could do it now, even if they offered me a full ride!"

• Like Like x 5
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I usually refrain from commenting on Mulkey. Some of things she has done in the past have definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

I'll never forget after Griner punched Barncastle in the face how Mulkey tried to convince the media that Brittney was just a "sweet child"; those were the exact words she used.

After Baylor beat Tech, the way she stood at center court and purposely dropped the microphone on the floor was her deciding to make get even more attention after she gave her speech and went on her rant. She knew what she was doing. I didn't watch the post-game media interviews, but I believe she said the same things again.

So, as far as I'm concerned, these apologies are coming way too late. She made her bed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This wasn't an apology - it was reciting a memorized speech.

• Like Like x 5
  17. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

She looks like she hasn't slept in a week, so maybe the well-deserved backlash has taken a toll. I always have a problem with these forced apologies. An apology is only valid if it comes from the heart. Her initial comments were probably how she really feels, and they were certainly well-received among the Baylor faithful. Among the rest of the world, not so much.

• Like Like x 3