Murray

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Nov 15, 2020.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Just heaved a Hail Mary caught by Hopkins in the middle of 3 Bills defenders to win the game as time expired (actually with 2 seconds left). Since L.A. beat Seattle, Arizona is in a three way tie for first place in the NFC West (and has a tiebreaker advantage at the moment).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Crazy 50 yd pass off his back foot away from his body a bit. He does have a cannon of an arm for a little ****.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Took the words right out of my mouth...

• Like Like x 1
  4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I honestly thought that like RG3 he would be a single season wonder and then get killed in the NFL. He has proved me wrong so far. Like Manziel he is making Coach Bro a ton of money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Murray must’ve had a second bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast this morning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

I have no love for that Aggy/Sooner mofo, but you gotta give him props for ballin'

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Just saw replays. He had two amazing runs, too.

8. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

How is that damn midget so fast. He is super elusive. He runs like a duck but people can't catch him- he mystifies me. Clearly A&M is proving they are QB-U.

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I bet the PC police have taken away all the Speedy Gonzales cartoons.

oh, just checked; they removed Speedy, but then Hispanic Americans petitioned to bring him back because he was a cultural icon!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Herkie Walls, Tony Jones, among others scream “HELLO” since he ain’t near as fast as they were, but Murray is taller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

There’s no one that Murray “ain’t near as fast as.” Anywhere or anytime. Any sport or any size.

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

How about Hopkins coming down with that one?

And the Texans traded him away for a middle-of-the-pack running back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Quick is one thing, fast is another. Herkie & Tony would dust him, so would the kid out of Jesuit that went to Georgia.

How about Wayne Johnston from Richardson. Fastest white man in the world and one thenth a second off the world record holders.

Those for starters.

Personally, I doubt Murray is as fast as Curtis Dickey and/or Darrell Green.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I live in Allen. Been watching Kyler since middle school. Guy is a winner first and foremost. No one catches Kyler from behind. UT is lucky he only played one year at OU. Still amazing how badly A&M screwed things up with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

KB,

I really like the kid, and he is a winner. I really thought that his aunt and uncle were going to persuade him to transfer to Austin.

I disagree with your assessment of A&M screwed it up It was a case of Sumlin lying to those kids.

16. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

That’s a good list of fast people from a long time ago, and you could list a few more, like Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Michael Vick etc.

The Jesuit kid is phenomenal, and of course Usain Bolt is the fastest 100m guy ever.

Still, straight line speed from 40 yards to 100 yards isn’t what differentiates football players because that doesn’t come up except on long kickoff returns.
    As for in-game football-move speed, Murray is as fast as anyone in the NFL, and the league is not slower than it was in the old days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

In my world, “fast” is a track term.

“Quickest” is a football term.

A player can be one or the other or both, but not many or both.

Wayne was screaming fast in a lane, but don’t ask him to move side to side.

Jerry Levias was not so fast, but incredible quickness. Chris Gilbert was quick, but I don’t think Chris ever got to 9.8 in the hundred yard dash.

18. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

As a brief aside Jim Hines set a new world record of 9.95 in the 100m dash at the '68 Olympics. The current record is 9.58 by Bolt. In 52 years the record has been lowered by .37 of a second. Carry on.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Bullet Bob Hayes says hello.............think he was both..............got a gold medal in the 100 and he changed the way defense was played in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LT

LT < 25 Posts

Tyreek Hill and DK Metcalf are both track speeders, more vertical speed, they have a big impact. Any way one can creat separately is going to creat the advantage.

21. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

You used all your "e"s in Tyreek, and had none left.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. LT

LT < 25 Posts

Also VY could be considered as a vertical speed threat, but he was unstoppable.

23. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

It seems like his teammates don’t really like him

24. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Do all of Tom Brady's teammates like him? How about Brew Jeesus?

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm confused here. "Fast" and "Quick" mean different things in football. It's just that (and maybe this is basically the same thing you're saying?) the way we measure "fast" is only somewhat related to which player is likely to outrun another during the plays they are involved in.

For football players if they want to measure speed they should have them run on turf, in all their gear, and starting from a football stance.

26. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

In my world, he is quick and fast and and elusive on the football field and has a good arm as well. (I suspect Miami's defenders might agree). You have to click a second time (where it says "watch on youtube") to see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  27. Omniscient.one

Great point. I should’ve said “most teammates” Mr. Literal. By the way, your example QB selections are poor; I imagine most if not all teammates like those two QBs. Drew Brees is one of the most likable guys in the league, and Brady the most respected.

28. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Even better, you might have given some evidence to back up the assertion that “most” of his teammates do not like him. I did a quick google search and could not find support for that, but perhaps you know his teammates personally and have enough of an inside scoop to know what most of them think?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  29. Omniscient.one

I watched the game and nobody celebrated with him after the Hail Mary

30. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Well that seals it then