MVP today

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by LagoHorn, Mar 28, 2008.

1. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

big Dex changed the game at around the 10 minute mark. After he laid the wood a few times on Lopez it was game over.

2. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

Sexy Dexy!

3. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

First man I thought of when I saw the thread topic. Go Dex!

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good case for it, good case for Augustin controlling the tempo and making some great decisions with the ball. Good case for AJ putting in a lot of clutch shots. Good case for the entire bench for doing exactly what they needed to do, play defense by committee, make things difficult and hit the offensive boards.

I have goosebumps. Honestly! [​IMG]

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin 25+ Posts

Has to be Augustin with 7 assists, 2 turnovers, and 23 points on 10 of 18 shooting. Though Sexy Dexy was huge. Difference in the game was that our bigs counteracted their advantage in the paint to some extent whereas our backcourt completely smoked theirs.

6. hjengo

hjengo 25+ Posts

Dex and the other bigs were great support players tonight but if it wasn't for Augustine's sharpshooting, drives and dish, and steal(s)/pickoff(s), the Horns would have folded like a tent. Just put the ball in his or Abrams' hands on every possession against Memphis, we will be partying in San Antonio at the Final 4.

7. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

Can we give Mr. Mason some love? 7 pts, 8 boards, 6 assists.

8. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

9. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

Good post! All our guys are playing well, but big Dex can sure help us from here on. He did put the damper on Lopez. He gets a defensive position and you aren't going to move him. He has been really coming on. I think he has played 14 or 16 minutes lately so his condiioning is good. He put the handle on the big Griffin at zero U too when we beat them 77-49. I don't think Griffith scored on Dex.

10. preznick555

preznick555 25+ Posts

Dex dominated. I'm not sure Memphis is a good matchup for him, though. If we end up playing UCLA again he could be big help against Love...

11. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

The thing I like about this team is they all seem like good kids. I always enjoy Dex's interviews because he's so respectful and seems to really enjoy his role. And his voice just doesn't match a guy who's 6'10" and 300#. I have a feeling Dex is going to become even more of a beast over the next couple of years.