My Dad re: Bill O'Reilly

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Hornius Emeritus, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

I should preface this by saying that my dad is a retired Lt. Col who served 2 tours of duty in the army in Vietnam.
    Just got this email from him:

Last night Bill O'Reilly was badgering John Stossel about his support for Ron Paul. When the subject of Iran came up, as it always does on Fox News, O"Reilly bloviated: "Yeah, I'd take out their army and navy. No problem."

Is O'Reilly the real "Terminator"? Arnold Schwarzenegger, call your office! Of course, Blabbering Bill is also a chickenhawk. Should we call him The Chickenator?

I'm always disgusted when chickenhawks like O'Reilly, Gingrich, etc. advocate sending other peoples' children to war while proclaiming that "I" or "we" are going to blow up this, destroy that, and kill "them."

Love my dad! He's a straight-shooting, no ******** kind of guy.

2. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

That is awesome. And that is also a real problem. Our congressman simply do not have the personal connection to the military that they should. Their families do not sacrifice like the rest of the country.

I did find this a funny part of the Fox debate the other night. When this subject came up Paul simply said that we did not need another war and that there were those that are ramping up for war. He said we did not need to kill Bin Laden but should have captured him. He said we were able to capture Hussein and gave him a trial and a subsequent execution and this is what should have happened with Bin Laden. That point is debatable but I completely agree that we do not need another war and there are other ways to deal with Iran. But when Newt and Romney chimmed in it was all war mongering from them to stir up the crowd. Sometimes they say **** to stir up a certain base but if this is how they really feel then I am thinking they just don't get it.

3. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I'm always disgusted when chickenhawks like O'Reilly, Gingrich, etc. advocate sending other peoples' children to war while proclaiming that "I" or "we" are going to blow up this, destroy that, and kill "them."

Bring 'em on!

You don't get much more chicken**** than that.

4. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Hard to argue with that.

On the other hand, why did we double-down our involvement in Afghanistan? What is the point of being there?

5. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts