My dream scenario...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LAktownhorn, Oct 15, 2013.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

we win out, play a/m in a bcs bowl, beat the crap out of them, mack retires with lots and lots of dignity. this would be nearly 06 rose bowl level of happiness.

i know this is all highly unlikely but i'm just sitting here fantasizing.

my nightmare scenario would be we lose two more games with baylor completely embarrassing us, play some **** team in a **** bowl and win, mack stays and the downward spiral continues...

2. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I would rather never, never play aggy again. They don't deserve the opportunity.

3. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I don’t want to play aggy again ever.

It would be difficult but not impossible, so imagine this: we win out, take the conference title and win a BCS game. 11-2 and finish top 10, maybe top 5.

Would you want Mack back next year?

5. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

Evident that change is needed.....there are other reasons other than MB that have contributed to downward spiral but all come from coaching....
    They should have been in a position to have a QB ready to play to some degree and when Colt went down Gilbeet was just not ready and even was not ready the following year;that was the start of the slide and nothing there to pick it up....then we have 4 highly recruited QB's transfer early leaving us pretty high and dry in event of injuries....now it appears that Case will be starting rest of year as it is likely DA is through. That leave Horns with JOverstreet and TS to be ready next year unless they are forced to play 2013,,,,hate to burn shirt this deep into season. But if burning TS shirt help reach 9-10 wins it would be worth it for the climb to the top or near. Then go into next yesr with more experienced QB's and Running backs. Regardless of the outcome MB should step aside and relish his claim of helping return TEXAS to better years. He has done well, step down and bask and let all Horn fans wish him the best and applaud what he has done. No reason for bashing.......without MB Texas may not have made this dramatic climb.

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

8. Longhorn Mike

Longhorn Mike 100+ Posts

Networks, media and aggys everywhere would kill for a Texas - aggy bowl matchup. If we qualify for the Cotton or BCS bowl, there will be a major push to put us together. I just hope the Administration has the sense to tell them to find us another opponent or forget it.

9. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

to turn a 'burning to the ground' program around and finish top 7-10 and winning BCS game, I would be open to MB coming back.....but best interest is new blood with few exceptions.

10. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

i know what you guys mean about playing aggy... i really don't want to either, but beating them would be the most glorious out ever for mack. i definitely don't want to play them and lose, and honestly i don't think we would have a chance. that's why this is all a dream!

btw, so what if we do pretty well on defense the rest of the year? do we keep gerg?

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

If Greg Robinson keeps this D performing for the rest of the year, I hope he stays. It seems to me that his involvement has already made us a lot better.

12. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

They should have been in a position to have a QB ready to play to some degree and when Colt went down Gilbeet was just not ready and even was not ready the following year

Come on guys. Very seldom does any team have a back up QB ready to play. Do you see teams pulling there starters to play the back up qb if your guy is worth a damn? If he is hes staying in trying to win a Heisman. This reason doesn't hold water. You can get them practice ready but it is nothing compared to game ready. Gilbert just never had the light bulb turn on. And any other team would have done the same when it came to him.

13. REALBIGHORNFAN

REALBIGHORNFAN 250+ Posts

Call me "Old School", but it is a travesty that Texas doesn't play A&M every year. Forget the politics. That game was and will always be special. The fact that they're in the SEC makes it even sweeter! I say drop New Mex. St., UNT, etc. and add A&M at the end of the schedule each year.

14. LonghornCatholic

I hear what you're saying but with the arrogance and trash talking they did, not just towards us but the entire Big 12, and expecting to continue scheduling Big 12 teams in all sports once they left, I don't think so.

If they would have left like Mizzou did, then I wouldn't have a problem with playing Aggy.

15. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

16. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

After the OU game in 2004 (we lost 12-0; Vince had one of the worst outings of his career), several posters here were actually hoping we would lose every game after that because it would ensure that Mack would be fired. So what happened? We won out and beat Michigan in a magical Rose Bowl game. The next year we win the national championship. I'm not trying to draw an exact parallel, but sometimes it's hard to predict how things will play out when you're in the thick of it.

17. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

I would rather never, never play aggy again. They don't deserve the opportunity
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    At least until Johnny Fpotball movrs
    d on.

18. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

I would rather never, never play aggy again. They don't deserve the opportunity
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    At least until Johnny Football moves on.

19. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

Scoreboard. Eternity.

We don't play A&M again, cuz we already called, "Scoreboard. Eternity."

20. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

You guys realize that most Aggies couldn't care less if we play you guy ever again, right?

21. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

RC Yeah...., right. Then why are you on this UT board?

22. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

23. LonghornCatholic

They just want to dedicate an entire, ENTIRE song to us at every, EVERY sporting event.

24. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i doubt that A&M and UT will be playing eachother, in any capacity, for at least the next 3-5 years.

25. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

26. Longhorn Mike

Longhorn Mike 100+ Posts

All of the aggys I know I chomping at the bit to play us. Who are these aggys you speak of RC? Are you one of them, or are you the only one?

27. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

I've seen it on plenty of the forums that Ags don't really care and most of us think that right now you guys would benefit from the game more than we would.

28. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

Per TexAgs

This is just an example of what I was saying.

29. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Once Manziel leaves it'll back to reality. Right now I don't think aggy cares about playing us and I know most horns never cared about playing aggy because it was a no win game for UT. If we won we were supposed to and if we lost they got to prance around all year. The ou game has always been our biggest game of the year.

30. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

You could be correct or we could actually be better. Some teams have lost their best player ever and went on to bigger and better things.