My girlfriend confessed that she doesn't like SRV

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Hornius Emeritus, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

That's right. After I don't know how many years together my girlfriend confessed the other day that she "really doesn't like" Stevie Ray Vaughn's music.

I was playing "Life By the Drop" at the time.

What are my options?

2. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

there aren't any options. you know what you must do.

3. Jim Anchower

Jim Anchower 100+ Posts

Tell her to give me a call, I'm bored to hell of him too.

4. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

How's she feel about SWV?

5. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

Sorry man. But there just isn't enough room in my life for a chick that doesn't like SRV. Too much other **** to worry about.

6. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

You sure she didn't say she doesn't like SUVs?

I'm trying to process the idea of not liking SRV. That just doesn't work. It's not like she said "I really don't like Talking Heads", "I really don't like Sting", "I really don't like Pearl Jam". We're talking about Stevie Ray here, and if you choose her over him, well then God help you.

7. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

wait, how did you not ask her this when you first met? i make all potential ms. longhornies submit their taste in music to me to eliminate having to listen to the crap that's not on KLBJ these days.

8. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

You know all those pics you take out in the West Texas? Well, there's some good places to bury a body out there too.

9. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

I said "what about that live version of "Superstition?" You Don't Like that Live version of "Superstition?" And she said "no. I just really never have cared for his music."

We were driving at about 80 mph on I-20 about 150 miles east of Dallas at the time and I seriously considered throwing myself out the window.

I wonder if she hates ma, apple pie, and Aggie misery, too? Sheesh! That's quite a little morsel to drop on me after all this time.... "Oh, by the way, I really don't dig SRV."

10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Used wisely, the outcome of your conversation can probably get you out of several chick flicks.

11. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

12. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

To steal:

Dude.

Its time to make that move.

13. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

I'm going to get railed for this, but his stuff never really blew me away either. Good not great. Judging people based upon the music they like is absolutely retarded. I know this is a joking thread, but the amount of music snobbery on hf is uphauling.

14. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

<Curly Bill Brocious> "Well.....bye." <Curly Bill Brocious>

15. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

TexasTower beat me to it, (what the hell are you doing up at 5am?). Dammit!

FWIW, no one who ever saw SRV, could help but be awed by SRV.

(Why is the HornFans clock 30 minutes fast?)

[​IMG]

16. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Just be glad she is just a girlfriend, no marriage makes for an easier breakup

17. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

Stevie Ray is amazing, but I get tired of listening to the same songs over and over. He ain't exactly putting out much new stuff these days, so I find myself wanting to listen to him less and less over time.

Same reason I don't really dig classic rock. I've already heard those songs a million times. I don't really need to hear them again to appreciate that they were great.

18. Ok_Longhorn

Ok_Longhorn 25+ Posts

FREEBIRD!!!!!

[​IMG]

19. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

I don't like him either, but much of that is because KLBJ-FM has played at least three SRV songs every hour ever since I moved to the Austin area.

20. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

I'll blaspheme a little as well. I'm not a big fan of SRV. I do think he is an incredibly talented guitarist but I'm not particularly interested in his style of music.

We used to go see him with Double Trouble at Steamboat, back when that was on 6th St. and it was a cool place to go for no cover charge.

The songs of his that I like the best are his cover tunes:

Superstition

Little Wing

Voodoo Chile

I can't find his version of All Along the Watchtower so I'll give you Hendrix

21. airportlobby

airportlobby 100+ Posts

Maybe she's more of a Motards fan.

22. Sec39Row7

Sec39Row7 < 25 Posts

Play this for herThe Link

It's probably more to her liking if she doesn't like SRV, and it gets your message across.

23. atxbaby

atxbaby 250+ Posts

Why doesn't it surprise me that Punt on First Folly doesn't like SRV?

[​IMG]

24. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

25. milk_monitor

milk_monitor 100+ Posts

In reply to:

26. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

27. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

28. GuadaHorn

GuadaHorn 100+ Posts

well FOX apparently likes him. they played scuttle buttin' and the house is rockin' during the packers-seagulls game [​IMG]

29. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

while were on the topic, any other classic rock/ hard rock stations besides KLBJ? its a great station imo, but commercials suck

30. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts