My mouth won't stop bleeding

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Mean Mr. Mustard, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Mean Mr. Mustard

Mean Mr. Mustard < 25 Posts

I have a cut on the roof of my mouth that I've had since lunch and it won't stop bleeding. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it stop? I've already sucked on like 20 ice cubes and that hasn't helped. I'd rather not drown in my own blood in my sleep tonight, so any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

Go to the ER - seriously.

3. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

saltwater; assuming it is not a serious cut or something that would need stiches.

If you can look in the mouth and see it try and describe it. Also, if you are not sure, call an ear,nose, and throat doc. I had to have 10 stitches in my tongue once and an E-N-Th doc fixed me right up.

4. Mean Mr. Mustard

But Holden, it's just this little tiny cut. It's like a milimeter long. Are you telling me it's just not going to stop on its own?

I tried saltwater. It seemed to help a little, but not much. However, I also just came up with the idea to put peanut butter up there, and that seemed to slow it down some more. Maybe I'll just continue to find crap to put up there and block it until it finally goes away.

Unless, of course, I'm innevitably going to bleed to death if I don't go to the doctor.

5. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Think about it - a little tiny cut in your mouth won't stop bleeding. What happens if you get a not-so-little cut, or if you bump your head or something? A tiny cut isn't a big deal, but "won't stop bleeding" is. Go to the doc so they can find out why it won't stop.

6. SuperHero

SuperHero 500+ Posts

7. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

Your mouth is actually a vagina.

8. PatBateman

PatBateman 25+ Posts

Stop being a ***** - grab some fishing line and a needle and sew it up yourself. Use ice for pain management.

9. HookEm

HookEm 100+ Posts

My father-in-law is an orthodontist and we've asked him this question before. He suggested wetting a tea bag and applying it to the area. We did this for my daughter's tooth that came out and it worked. She is on aspirin, so her blood doesn't clot very well.

10. Mean Mr. Mustard

Thanks for all the advice. I actually did get it to stop last night. I think the peanut butter did most of the work. So basically, I used the same evil trick on myself that I occasionally torture my dogs with for laughs.

11. TexasFirefighter

TexasFirefighter 100+ Posts

anyone wanna run with that or is it too obvious...?

12. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

Don't eat vagina anytime soon.

13. Cancer Man

Cancer Man Guest

14. BoogityBoy

BoogityBoy 250+ Posts

Try a styptic pencil. It'll taste like crap, but may seal the dike....heh.....I said dike.

15. Super_Chachi

Super_Chachi Guest

rinse with salt water to keep it clean

16. RC Didnt Offer

RC Didnt Offer 250+ Posts

Add some jelly for a delicious snack.