My Son Alex....

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Rip76, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

will be 1 year tomorrow. (Sorry, 12 months for the baby folk)

I can't begin to tell you the range of emotions we've been through in the last year. From the first time he was sick and cried all night. (While teething)
    Me tearing up when he got his 1st and 2nd set of immunizations?

And then there's the dreaded circumcision. Wow, that day was a killer for us.
    Alex, not so bad.

So he goes back there to get the procedure done. I'm just thinking of all the things that could possibly go wrong.
    So, the nurse takes him back there and he's gone for about 15 to 20 min, then we hear the screaming....

I start to panic, she panics and then roughly about 5 seconds after that, the door opens and he's not crying. I ask the nurse why he was screaming. She said he didn't cry through the whole process, but when they were bringing him out he dropped his pacifier and freaked out.

Then he had to wear THE HELMET because of a flat spot on the back of his head. He's almost done with that, and it looks great.

Also, my wife... I can't even explain how good, calm and patient she has been this first year. A freaking rock she is.....

Well, here are a few pictures from the last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what my dog thinks about the whole thing.

[​IMG]

Happy 1st Birthday Alex.

2. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

Good looking kid. But for the life of me, I'll never understand why you didn't name him Vince.

3. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Haha...

We named him Alexander Lee

After Geddy and Alexander.

4. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

He's adorable! The dog is, too.

5. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

I'm glad you put a caption on the picture of the dog because I thought your kid got real hairy by one year of age. [​IMG]

Kids are a blast. The best is yet to come.

6. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Awesome. [​IMG]

7. LdyLnghrn

LdyLnghrn 100+ Posts

You have GOT to pull out the picture of him in the turkey cap one of these days and show it to his girlfriend. He'll hate you for it, but it will be worth it. I also LOVE the helmet. If that doesn't spell F-U-T-U-R-E L-O-N-G-H-O-R-N, I don't know what does! [​IMG]

8. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Cute kid, Rip. They grow up fast though. My son is about to turn 13, and it seems like yesterday when he was that small. Now his voice is getting lower, he's starting to like girls, and all he wants to do is either play sports or jam on his guitar. Have fun, my friend. [​IMG]

9. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for the comments.

Well, it'll probabaly me baseball or golf for the little guy.
    We tend to have somewhat of a height disadvantage.

Bill, I remember when I started playing guitar @ about age 9. (my brother's '61 Gibson SG), I'm 36 now. Let's just hope he starts out a little cheaper in the guitar area, then moves up to a Gibson.

We got his 1 year pictures yesterday I'll post them later.

10. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Save your guitars for him in case he takes it up. That's what I did. My son started with lessons (unlike me) at age 10, but he had all my old guitars to use which saved cash. Now he's passed me up in ability, so I recently bought him a Jackson so he could play the Steve Vai and Randy Rhodes stuff he was learning. Puts me to shame.

11. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Who's that guy kissing your kid...?

12. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Haha,
    Me or someone who looks just like me.

13. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Rip,
    Enjoy every minute - time will fly by all too quickly. I vividly remember holding my oldest for the first time - like it was yesterday (only it was 1971). My youngest is 30. I was in the delivery room when he was born - I held him when he was one minute old! Now he towers six inches above me.

Do treasure every minute with your children, Time will pass - the precious events of today will be fleeting memories all too soon.

But there is a sliver lining to this cloud - now I get to do it all over again, but this time as Grandpa!

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Mine just hit 18 months. Everything you say is true. Our dog who USED to be #1 is now chopped liver. Here is my boy, Cole.

[​IMG]

15. mlchorn

mlchorn 25+ Posts

Chipper,

you can't turn your back on your dog

16. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

That turkey hat picture is awesome.

Cut kid. Mine just turned 19. The best is yet to come.

[​IMG]

17. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Those eyes are going to break many a young lady's heart someday!

18. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

19. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Alex Lifeson. . .

Geddy Lee . . .

Hmmmmm. Voila! ALEXANDER LEE

Great pics. Congrats on your first year!

20. celis

celis 250+ Posts

I think my son had that same longhorn shirt about 6-7 years ago!!

great pics.

21. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

Beautiful son there....they are such a joy.. [​IMG]

22. GuadaHorn

GuadaHorn 100+ Posts

george carlin had a funny joke about people talking about their kids...

23. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

24. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Since we're sharing baby pictures... my son turns 6 months this week. This pic is from about 3 months, but we don't have many of him doing the hook'em.

[​IMG]

25. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

haha, cool picture.

we've got the same car seat.

26. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Rip....everybody (and I mean everbody) will tell you how fast they grow up. Believe them....they don't lie.

It seems like yesterday I'm sitting on the couch in Overland Park, KS watching "Twin Peaks" with my son asleep in my arms. Blink of an eye and he's starting his junior year at UT.