My son Brad passed away

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Third Coast, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I got the dreaded knock on the door from APD Victim Services early today. He died from a drug overdose in an Austin motel room after battling addiction for the past couple of years. Less than three days out of a 30 day rehab program, he couldn't stay away from the dark side.

He was only twenty four years old, but one of the best people that I have ever known. My best friend and my only child. He was my life and now I am lost without him.

If you have kids no matter what age, give them a big hug and tell them you love them each and every day. I just wish I had one more hug and I love you to share with him.

I miss you and love you son.

2. flyingdoggystyle

flyingdoggystyle 100+ Posts

Prayers for your family.

3. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Third Coast, deepest sympathy for your loss. I cannot imagine how you must feel. May God give you comfort.

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

So sorry to hear that. Horrible.
    I'll be praying for comfort in this time.

6. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

Very sorry to hear that.

7. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Words cannot convey the sorrow I feel for your loss.

God Bless Brad , you, and all his loved ones.

May he rest in peace.

8. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

Very sorry to here this, you are in my prayers...

9. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Third Coast,

I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are feeling. Surely there can be comfort in the knowledge that he is once again well and whole.

My heart aches for you. You and your family will remain in my prayers.

10. mihm_rules_mom

mihm_rules_mom 25+ Posts

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing a child is so awful, but please try to take comfort in the good memories you have of him. My thoughts are with you and your family.

11. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Very sorry to hear that.

12. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this time. May God comfort you and heal you.

13. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

sorry for your loss.

14. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort .

15. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

The Dark Side as you call it is patient and powerful. It waits on those of us who try to beat them. We all have our own demons; Brad's demons won. It does not make him less of a son or less of a man. I did not know Brad but in the 25 years that I have day by day been clean and sober, I have met a million Brads. I pray for him, as I do those million others, and for me. Quarter of a century and I am drink away from joining him. I have watched my Mother bury two children; Viet Nam and an anurism. Lifes cruelest act, a parent outliving a child. God Bless you and keep you. If it helps any at all, he is free from his own personal hell, his own prison, his own shame for disappointing you and those who have loved him. God Bless You.

Daniel

16. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

17. NEOKHORN

NEOKHORN 100+ Posts

May God be with you during this time of pain. My prayers are with you.

18. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I am so sorry for your loss.

19. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

TC---he is and will always be in my prayers...love you.. [​IMG]

20. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

I hadn't been to this board in a really long time and I just found out. You have my condolences.

21. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

TC, I'll pray God wraps your son, your family and all touched by your son's loss, in the comforting mercy he promises those that seek him.