My Take on the year

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stevedallas, Dec 31, 2011.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

If you had told me at the beginning of the year that Gilbert would transfer, we would lose our top three backs for several games, we would lose our best receiver for several games, and Fozzy would be lost for the season, I would have expected to win only 3 or 4 games.

I think that, based on what this team went thru, that an 8-win season and a bowl win is not bad. Had LSU, Bama, Stanford, etc. lost their top 3 backs and best receiver for several games, they would have lost a few games, too.

We knew it was a rebuilding year and we finished 8-5. OU thought they were gonna be National Champs and soent time at No. 1 and finished 10-3, only 2 games ahead of a rebuilding team with a ton of injuries. Aggie thought they woulkd win NC and finished 7-6.

I am proud of this team and look forward to great things next year.

2. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

If the QB problem works out next year will be very good. I feel very good about everything else. Ash needs to be step up and claim the spot. We can't go thru another year with a FR qb and Case is not the answer.

3. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

With Hawkins coming in, Trey Hopkins can move back to his natural guard spot. He is not suited for Tackle and it showed against Cal. I'm thinking Hawkins at LT, move Hopkins at guard, and move Cochran from LT to RT.