Myck Kabongo - will he declare after the season?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by WashU-Horn, Mar 5, 2013.

1. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

or does he come back for his JR year and ry to be a top 10 pick?

Are his intentions known?

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

He's gone. Wish I had even a 1% feeling he stays but he is gone.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think more and more that he stays. He has been good but not first-round good, and I think the people advising him (the ones not in his pocket, anyway) will be telling him he needs to come back.

From the comments last night, it looks like he at least is still considering it. He says he hopes he's back, which can mean a lot of things, and everyone always says they'll be back right before they jump. But I just don't see how it would be anything but an escape for him to leave after this year, and he's got a lot to gain by coming back for a junior year.

4. MeaHorn

MeaHorn 500+ Posts

While I agree that he's not 1st rd and probably, at best, late second round... please remember we felt the same way about Avery Bradley and Cory Joseph. AB is making 1mil+ and Cory is going to see extended playing time in the next month to try to secure the backup spot behind Tony Parker.

5. MeaHorn

MeaHorn 500+ Posts

I just looked... Cory Joseph is also making just over 1mill this year. Not bad work if you can find it...

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

True, but I suspect that a first-round salary plus signing bonus (and potentially better endorsements) would cover missing out on a third-rounder's rookie salary.

I think the money would work out if he felt like he could be first-round (especially top half) the following year. But hey, a million now can seem a lot better than 3 million next year.