Naismith Coach of the Year Award

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Chop, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

Yesterday, 15 coaches made the late season watch list for the Naismith Coach of the Year Award. Shaka was one of the elite 15. Confirmation that, at a minimum, Shaka is one of the top 15 coaches in college basketball this year. Congrats Shaka for this well-deserved recognition.

:bevo::bevo::bevo:

Also named in this illustrious group of 15 elite coaches were the coaches for WV, OU, and Baylor.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Going for back to back NIT champions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

Keep laughing it up...

You'll see.

4. erbutch

erbutch 100+ Posts

Yep,He is a great first half season coach. He starts great and then flops. If he makes it to the tournament he will be one and gone. Shaka needs to go. Let him be a great coach somewhere else. He certainly hasnt down it here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I love your optimism and glass always half Full opinions re: Shaka. He is an above average recruiter, I think all of us can appreciate that. He’s always gotten a top 20-25, sometimes top 10 class.
    Unfortunately, his record over the years here doesn’t match his recruiting success. Not close, really. (47-55 in B12 conference play)
    I was really rooting for his coaching to lead the team to exceed the expectations that the talent on the team would have us anticipate.
    So far he has not.
    The same problems recur: undisciplined play resulting in momentum killing fouls, turnovers, poor ball movement, desperation shots—not an indication of coaching excellence. And frustrating, unnecessary losses pile up. Especially against less talented better coached teams.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  6. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

If we flop in the first round of the Big Dance this year, feel free to pile on with unlimited choruses of "I told you so"...

It's not going to happen. We're going far.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

...in the NIT.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 5,000+ Posts

Shaka just flat out out-coached Kansas’s Coach Self—proving again why Shaka is a top 15 coach (at a minimum).

As fans of the Texas Longhorns, we all celebrate Shaka’s and the Team’s successes. It’s great to be a Longhorn.

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo: