Narcos on Netflix

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Dionysus, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Really well done!

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Wagner Moura was so good as Escobar, and many other strong characters as well. I’m glad it was on Netflix so I could just binge watch several episodes at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seattle Husker

I saw an interview from Escobar's real-life son who recently released a book. The son claims the producers took a lot of liberty in glamorizing Pablo Escobar. Without knowing the real facts, it certainly seemed realistic to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Season 3 of Narcos has been released. Focus now is on the Cali Cartel, post-Escobar.

Yesterday I binge-watched nearly the whole thing. :eek:

6. Seattle Husker

I binged watched it all too.

I was disappointed at how the season ended. By the time Salcedo took over as "Chief of Security" to the end it seemed like the Producers threw in the towel.

7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I mostly wanted to see that POS David Rodriguez eat the plomo he had coming! Great actor though, that guy, he was easy to despise. Of the partners I really liked the Gilberto and Chepe characters, thought they were the more interesting of the bunch.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I started watching Narcos a couple of weeks ago. I'm addicted. Not that kind of addicted, the tv kind. Love the series!

I didn't click on Spoiler because I'm only at season 2 episode 4.

The blow must go on :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  9. LonghornCatholic

Just finished final episode of season II. Nicely done.
    Even though I knew what was coming, it was intense.

I know the director invoked some artistic freedom, rightfully so, but it seemed mostly spot on.

I thought it was cool how the real Pena and Murphy were in the bar scene after Escobar was killed. They were the two who clinked glasses before the shot moves to Pena character, if you missed it.

Starting season III now. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It had to be done.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LonghornCatholic

That was good stuff :smile1:

I was reading that Moura had to learn Spanish for the part of Pablo. Very impressive.

12. Seattle Husker

Wait...the Pablo actor didn't know Spanish before being cast? Wow!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

He is Brazilian, he said the transition from Portuguese to Spanish was not very hard since they are similar.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LonghornCatholic

Interesting. In link below he states that it was one of the most difficult things he had to do, and states that languages aren't similar.

1:55 mark......

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Seriously, I was sure I saw an interview where he said something different. You should know better than to believe me anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LonghornCatholic

He probably did say it was easy in another interview. You know how actors are.

But I guess I could have just told you I heard him say that, rather than pull out video evidence and direct you to the precious point he made the comment..................... All Perry Mason like. :smile1:

17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Anyone watching Narcos: Mexico? Recently hit Netflix.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LonghornCatholic

Yep! All during Thanksgiving holiday I couldn't wait to get back to watch it.

Just finished episode 3.

19. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Enjoyed it as much as the Pablo original series

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I like the Mexico story too but I think the Colombian characters—Escobar and “the Gentlemen of Cali”—were more compelling characters. Maybe it was just the casting, I don’t know, but it’s a great series and I wish there were lots more episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for the tip. I started watching it and i’m Hooked. Almost through season 2.

I knew he killed a lot of folks, including some of the Supreme Court, but I didn’t realize how many bombs he set off or that he’d downed a whole airliner. He must be the most prolific mass murderer never to be head of a government.

22. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Narcos Mexico, Season 2 just dropped a few days ago. I watched the first three episodes last night. Trying to make it last but I know I will binge right through the rest in a couple days.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LonghornCatholic

Sweet! I'm all up off on it. :hookem: