NAS Pensacola Shooting

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ShAArk92, Dec 7, 2019.

1. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Here we go again ... with multiple conspirators!

Time to punt SA.

I can't believe this is the first post ... I must have missed it.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It was tacked on to other threads.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

this kinda gets close to home.
    Recall a couple of years ago when the Kentucky (Tennessee?) Marine Recruiting office was attacked ... and off we went on revisiting the issue of military personnel being disarmed. That didn't really change much. I think the strip mall office personnel were eventually authorized ... but not personnel on a military installation.

How hard is it to have a firearm in a vehicle and access the base?

Not very.

So the issue remains the same as it does for the rest of our United States. Personal protection as well as against tyranny. The tyranny part for the military can become problematic, to be sure, but who's securing the persons of every military man not in a combat zone? It's obviously NOT the military.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Interesting that the Pearl Harbor incident was carried out by a sailor authorized to have a weapon.
    If any of the incidents occurring on military installations including Ft. Hood had happened with military personnel allowed weapons the outcome would have been diferent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I never knew the military installation without a complete ban on private firearms ... but I think it happened just as I was commissioned in ‘92 ... or maybe just prior in 91?

I know Reese AFB in oct 92 ... prohibited.

there is no justification for that in any context.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently no one on our side saw this coming

• WTF? WTF? x 3