NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by TigerPride, Apr 27, 2011.

1. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

I've said it before........The best team and the best player in the NBA reside in Oklahoma City. Durant is ******* money.

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Would be a lot easier to watch if the officiating wasn't so low quality.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

No argument regarding Durant, but I believe the best team in the NBA is in Chicago.

4. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Stat, I'm not a big fan of the NBA refs, but when I watch college basketball I can see how the NBA refs are SO much better than the college ones. Yeah, they make some really bad calls, but it depends on your frame of reference.

5. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

I think OKC has a good shot to win the west the way they are playing. I hate the lakers and it looks like san antonio is struggling.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

7. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

8. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Boston is going to take out Chicago in 6.

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

What's so amazing about Durant is that you can practically take him for granted. When he put in 41 the other night and hits the game winner in a playoff game, I was hesitant even to post on here, "wow, Durant was fantastic," because, well, that's just master of the obvious.

Durant is incredible.

10. Third Coast

I loved Kevin McHale's comment when he said that KD is a better person than he is a basketball player and that's saying a lot.

11. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Kobe is still the best. LBJ and KD are 2a and 2b, though. OKC, though, is the team of the future in the West. Spurs are largely done, Mavs are getting older as well, and the Lakers can't last forever. I foresee many LA-OKC battles in the WC Finals, and once Kobe is a bit over the hill, many OKC-Miami and OKC-Chicago Finals battles. I'll root for Okie while KD is there. I love the kid.

12. Third Coast

The OKC-Memphis series could go the distance. Great basketball. I love this game.

13. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

14. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

15. Nuclear Bear

Two best teams in the Western Conference are playing tonight.

Whoever comes out of the Lakers/Mavs series will win the West.

16. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

17. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Wow. This shouldn't be an argument. It's clear to me Kobe ain't right. He's settling for jumpers and not taking it to the hole.

18. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Just pass the Dirk please. I'll take him as my 1a any day. Guy is playing at a higher level then anyone besides maybe Rose right now. His efficiency right now is off the charts. Hit 80% on 3s tonight, 12/19 overall and 4/4 on free throws. He's also played good D and frustrated the pants off Gasol.

19. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

it's not about what's right, it's about what's left. and what has left kobe are his legs. he's got serious mileage on those legs. sure, they occasionally have some spring in them like when he threw those dunks down against new orleans, but it comes and goes. he's settling for jumpers because he's been settling for jumpers for several years now. he didn't shoot 6-24 in game 7 because of missed layups.

now to kobe's credit, he's refined his moves and shot to the point that he is still very good even as his athleticism is going away, but it has still resulted in a lesser kobe. and a kobe that certainly isn't the best in the nba. like charles barkley always says, Father Time is undefeated.

20. Nuclear Bear

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

22. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

At this point in his career Kobe needs a strong inside presence to give him space. When he was in his prune he could get to the hole on anyone. Not the same lair but still top 5 and and one of the best closets in the game.

Dirk improved his physical toughness in recent years and now his mental toughness has caught up. He is playing out of his mind right now but I want to see him sustain that for 2 more series.

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Is Westbrook usually this much of a balhog? Wow.

24. Third Coast

I believe it is in Westbrook's nature to be a ball hog. The Thunder did make a big comeback right before the half in this game 4 though.

The Grizzlies are a really good team. It's hard to believe they are an eight seed.

25. Third Coast

This is a heck of a game, as the Thunder are fighting for their lives in OT. KD has had to deal with extreme physicality and tough defense by Battier, but hit some big shots down the stretch. Westbook might be a ball hog, but the guy's motor is redlining all the time.

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

27. Third Coast

Yeah, I forgot all about Rudy Gay until I saw him on the bench with his arm in a sling.

I have to get up early tomorrow - I mean today - and this may be headed for triple OT. What a game.

28. dangdirtysooner

dangdirtysooner 250+ Posts

29. Nuclear Bear

30. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

DRose is better than all of them, but right now, I'd still take Kobe over LeBron. LeBron's bull rush mentality is just not fitted for today's NBA. Its the equivalent of having a QB that can throw the ball 80 yds, run a 4.3 40, and take on the 250 lb LB's, but who doesn't know how to put touch on his passes and who misses the mark more often than not on the tougher throws.

Based on pure athleticism, yes, LeBron is your man, but as a basketball purist, I give Kobe the nod.