NCAA 1 and 2 round games in Austin

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 2, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Hopefully that means none of them are agile enough to guard Brooke.

3. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good Job Texas.You came ready to play.
    Hookem'

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

OU goes down to Kentucky, 79-58.

Texas beats Mizzou 73-55.

Texas and BU go to the Sweet 16 repping for the Big 12. Two out of the starting six from the Big 12 left.

Texas will face UCLA, a 72-67 winner over South Florida. Game time is 1:30 PM on Saturday, 03/26/16. Win and Horns will most likely face UConn in the Elite Eight. Lose and come home from Bridgeport. UConn will face off with Miss. State on Saturday at 11:30 AM.

BU will face Florida State, who eliminated Tx A&M 74-56. Game time is 4:00 PM on Saturday, 03/26/16.

Another weekend full of WBB coming up! :coolnana:

• Like Like x 3
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns up to Ariel (22 pts) and LaShann (11 pts) and Imani (10 rebs, 2 blocks) who led the Horns. Got very good minutes from every one that played. Wish Brady had been able to drain that last 3 she took in the FEC. That would have been a fitting touch to her last game at the FEC. :hookem2:to the team! Great weekend of play by them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I think our coaches came up with a great game plan offensively and defensively. My only real complaint was how the players executed the last couple of plays of the third quarter.

Congrats to the players and coaches for a second consecutive Sweet 16!

• Like Like x 1
  7. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Great way to say goodbye to these seniors. I was glad to be in the Erwin Center tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Forgot to correct the time. Times listed above are EST. Need to take an hour away for CST.

9. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I think game is at 2:00 EDT, which is 1:00 CDT.....

I think we have a GOOD shot at beating UCLA....

Hate we would then go up against POO-CONN....

In any case....HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

10. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Anyone know if the Missouri game will be rebrodcast? Maybe on LHN? Due to a foul up on my Direct TV settings, I missed all but the 4th quarter.

11. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

not sure if the game will be rebroadcast or not, but if you have the watch ESPN app you can go in and watch the game through replay since it was available through the app last night.

12. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I didn't see the game at all on ESPN. They seemed intent on showing their local darling UConn even though they were up by about 300 points and much more competitive games were being played at the same time. Instead they ran some score boxes up top and every other game was on WatchESPN.

I don't have a problem with UConn; I have a big problem with ESPN wanting to be a local Storrs affiliate when it suits them (e.g. any time the UConn women are playing) and a national sports network the rest of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Ariel played well, and Lashann was a difference maker early in the game with her athleticism and energy on both ends of the court. Cunningham is a very good player, and Missouri ran really good offense. With the versatility that the team is going to have next year I hope that Coach Aston moves to a similar offense.

Ucla will play a zone just like they did last year. The perimeter players will have to make jump shoots and look to attack the seams of the zone off the dribble. They can't just stand around and pass the ball on the perimeter. Hopefully Coach Aston will have them prepared for the zone.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  14. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

Higgs didn't impress me in the first tournament game, but she was sensational in the first half of this one. Eye catching steals and unstoppable off the drive. She's definitely become more effective and consistent. She also played point guard a few times, which seems significant for her role next year. If she can consistently produce at the level she showed in this game, our guard situation looks much stronger for next season. The thought of her, Atkins and McCarty on the floor at the same time is exciting. Atkins just keeps getting better and better and better as a scorer. And before I forget it, Brianna Taylor made a heck of a contribution doing dirty work in the paint and playing defense. We needed her. This was one of the most physical games I've seen in a while, on both sides. Missouri didn't quit, and they had some big strong girls at guard. We just out quicked them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

That was the team we all knew was lurking around. Glad they showed up for the tourney. I hope they stick around. The new lineups were a surprise but in the end a good surprise. Nice coaching. :hookem:

16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

got the time from the ESPN WBB bracket. Not that it will matter. I plan to watch the earlier game as well.

The Boneyard reporting that Monday's Elite Eight will be at 7 PM EST (6 PM CST). May need to take some time off work if that is correct.

17. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I found the rebroadcast on the WatchESPN app via the Amazon Firestick. All of the games from Monday were available. Glad I got to see the first half as the Horns were cooking with gas in both quarters. Fun to watch.

18. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I don't know if it was just before the Aston era, or right after she arrived, but at some point the past few years they changed the format of the post-game highlights shown on Texassports. Sometimes it's that 'sights and sounds' bit they put together, which often doesn't show much of anything at all. And other times the highlights are all over the map, and don't necessarily follow the game, or show much of the action. A few years back, and not long ago actually, the highlight or recap video production was excellent. In a matter of a few minutes they showed action from all quarters, and featured all players who scored. They didn't miss much and the highlights were sequential, and you felt like you'd just seen the Reader's Digest condensed version of the contest. Which was great because often there isn't time to re-watch an entire game, and this was the next best thing. I could be wrong but I think Fran was already in her current role when these were being done, as I seem to recall her calling the action on some of the clips. Anyway, I miss those, they were so much better than what we have now.

19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Big 12 went 7-4 in rounds one and two.
    Six teams were in round one. Five moved on to round two. Two (Texas & Baylor) advanced to the Sweet 16 this coming weekend.

• Like Like x 1