NCAA is Moving CWS from Rosenblatt??

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ousuxndallas, Jun 17, 2008.

1. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

WTF? This sucks...what about all of the pre- and post-game partying at the bars by Rosenblatt?

No More Rosenblatt

The NCAA Men’s College World Series will continue in Omaha through 2035 under the terms of an unprecedented contract agreement signed June 10, according to Jack Diesing Jr., president of College World Series of Omaha Inc. The new 25-year agreement will go into effect in 2011 when the Series moves from Rosenblatt Stadium to the new 24,000-seat ballpark in downtown Omaha.

2. iowahorn11

iowahorn11 100+ Posts

I'm gonna take a swing here and say there are probably a few bars in downtown Omaha that will gladly take over for the bars by Rosenblatt.

Fact of the matter is that this is the only way the NCAA would guarantee the CWS staying in Omaha was through an agreement for a new stadium. Now the stadium will be much closer to the hotels, etc. and the parking should be MUCH better.

It's also my understanding that the new stadium is very near Omaha's Qwest Center, so in my opinion this opens up the possibility to get some form of alternative entertainment like concerts for during the CWS. That's just not possible with the current spacial limitations of Rosenblatt.

And judging by ESPN's production the last few years, I would expect OAR to be the headlinder of any sort of live music that they put on.

3. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

my buddy lives in Omaha (owns 4 restaraunts there) and he said this is going to be a very good thing. he said the park is going to be great and that the city of Omaha is doing a bad *** job making sure the integrity of the CWS is maintained. this is a huge deal for them not just for the $ but it's an institution.

by the way, for any of you in Omaha there is a sushi joint called "Blue", a mexican joint called "Roja" and a sports bar called Red. my buddy is from Austin but he's a ******* aggy. still, he's a cool SOB and will treat you right.

4. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

I've been to Rojas and it is very good.

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse is my favorite restaurant in Omaha though.

5. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

Baseball stadiums were meant to be in urbanized areas, not some field next to the highway. Great move by the City of Omaha for the new University of Texas campus. [​IMG]

6. sua sponte

sua sponte 100+ Posts

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse is also owned by a UT alum who grew up in Davenport, Iowa but went to UT. He met his wife there, a UT ex from Dallas . He is a lawyer and his Harvard Law brother own a chain of hotels and restauarants in the Midwest.

7. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

good to hear about rojas. btw, my buddy's name is anthony and if you ask for him and tell him your from austin he will for sure give you solid treatment.

you guys have a badass time in omaha!