NCAA Tournament 2022

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 13, 2022.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I will be anxiously awaiting for the brackets to be revealed this evening.

Hook 'Em!:hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

If Baylor actually does get a 1 seed (they shouldn’t) we will have already beaten two of the 1 seeds. If there is such a thing as a 1 1/2 seed that would be us.

Bring on the tourney!!!! :trophy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

No way Baylor gets a 1 seed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If the committee is lazy, and not wanting to update their bracket for before we beat Baylor, they could end up having Baylor as a #1 seed, and us as a low #2 seed.

Most signs point to us being a #2 seed, although I think we deserve the fourth #1 seed.

I really hope we're not in #1 South Carolina's region in Greensboro, NC. That's about as greedy as I will be as I'd like our chances to be as high as possible to reach the Final Four.

Lots of really good #6/7 seeds out there. One of them will be sent to the Austin sub-regional:

Kentucky, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida, Nebraska, BYU, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Oregon are possible visitors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Honestly I don't get all the hype about Iowa State and them being a number two seed. They only played two ranked teams outside of conference, LSU and Iowa, and they lost to LSU. Against the top Big 12 teams (UT and Baylor) they got swept by both and each of beat the hell out of them once. Help me understand how that equates to a number two seed? Of course they are a good team, but not a number two seed IMO.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Plus their fans have really ‘showed their a$$es’ as a former fb coach of mine would’ve said, including one of the mothers of an ISU player.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The committee has loved them all season in every reveal, and I just don't get it.

I wonder if them blowing out a lot of teams counts for some bonus points I'm not aware of . . .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In trying to assemble my final guesses for the Top 8 teams, it's putting a frown on my face.

We know Louisville can't be sent to Bridgeport with ACC-foe NC State. So, they won't be seeded #6. That further complicates things, IMO.

If for whatever reason the committee makes Baylor the last #1 seed in the Wichita regional, Big 12 foe Texas can't be sent there as the #5 seed. Another complication.

Yes, I'm biased; but I think Texas has earned a seed higher than #7 based on its body of work the entire season, including this weekend's wins. But, will the committee really shake things up at the 11th our and vault Texas over UConn, as well?

If the committee factors in today's win over Baylor:

#1 South Carolina / #8 Iowa State (Greensboro, NC)
    #2 Stanford / #7 Baylor (Spokane, WA)
    #3 NC State / #6 UConn (Bridgeport, CT)
    #4 Louisville / #5 Texas (Wichita, KS)

If the committee does NOT factor in today's win over Baylor:

#1 South Carolina / #8 Iowa State (Greensboro, NC)
    #2 Stanford / #7 Texas (Spokane, WA)
    #3 NC State / #6 UConn (Bridgeport, CT)
    #4 Baylor / #5 Louisville (Wichita, KS)

9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

ISU down to a 3 seed better gird their loins for a tough Georgia defense if they both win.
    ISU would have to face Iowa again if seeds hold and I don’t like their chances the second time around

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. WBBFAN19

WBBFAN19 25+ Posts

Could Carolyn Peck make it anymore obvious how much she dislikes Texas??? Now we won because Smith went out with an injury??? Seriously, give us our credit!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Love the brief shot of the Texas team ON THE AIRPLANE. Vic makes things happen for his team. For those of you who listened to the postgame, Vic expressed his concern that his team was not going to enjoy the full experience of hearing TEXAS announced for the tournament because the team would be on a plane coming back to Austin. A media person (ESPN?) spoke up and said he could help Vic out. Voila! Texas on our television screens as the team's bracket placement is announced.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I caught that slight too. We were beating them before Smith went down

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I, for one, look forward to the possible matchup with LSU. They have great (experienced) guard play, but our inside game is much deeper. Like nothing better than to send Mulkey home.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yes, that would be a bonus. But, facing a hall of fame coach with 3 national championships under her belt in the post season comes with its obstacles.

As you stated, they have experienced guards. That's huge in the post-season.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's pretty obvious to me that the committee did not factor in our win over Baylor today. We were #10 overall on 02/28 reveal, and only moved up to #7 overall despite recent wins over Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Baylor.

At a minimum, I was hoping to avoid being the #2 seed opposite #1 South Carolina, or having to match up with UConn in their backyard Bridgeport, CT regional. I'll take those victories.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Why the hell does UConn as a 2 seed get to stay in the Bridgeport region… again? Utter BS. We are a 2 seed and have to travel through two time zones. This favored status for UConn has gotten old.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Utah coming to our sub-regional as a #7 seed is not bad; Creme had them as a #8 seed. #10 seed Arkansas loves to shoot the 3-point shot, but plays no defense most of the time. Won't surprise me if they upset #7 Utah in our sub-regional.

There were a bunch of #6/7 seeds I was hoping wouldn't get sent to Austin (Kentucky, Georgia, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Oregon). Pro prospect, 6'5 Shakira Austin and Ole Miss get to tangle with Baylor in Waco if the seeds hold.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I like our seeding and regional. Let's face it, after Round #1 and #2, you have to beat some good teams, no matter where you play.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

When the committee chairwoman was interviewed, she talked about bumping Iowa up from the overall #14 seed to the overall #8 seed. Said it was because how well they played down the stretch and in winning their conference tournament; said they liked to reward teams for how they are playing down the stretch. Yet, Iowa didn't beat a single team in the NET Top 10.

Playing our conference tournament one week after all the other P5 conferences held theirs bit us, IMO. Luckily, that won't be an issue when we move to the SEC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She gets on my fkn nerves! And she's a crappy game announcer to boot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Really looking forward to that second round matchup in Waco between Baylor and Ole Miss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Would love to play LSU, beat them, and watch Kim Mulkey whine and cry and stomp around dressed in a neon pink and yellow leopard print jacket and leather pink pants.
    Yes please.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Georgia has some great size inside, and quick, athletic guards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I see Arkansas beating Utah and they're the kind of team that makes me nervous with their ability to shoot the 3/ score because this Texas team struggles to score at times.

Sure, Arkansas isn't great defensively but neither is Oklahoma and we saw how close those matchup's were. Again, there needs to be good fan support in both games to give Texas a push and some home court advantage.

• Agree Agree x 6
  26. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Washington St. vs Kansas St (the committee loves this kinda stuff)

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

…and GaTech vs Kansas. Committee wanted former Longhorns to go up against flatlanders.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Uhhh-huuuuuhhhh.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

You’d think since Duke canceled their season last year and have a brand new coach, they’d take advantage of some postseason play. Hmmm….

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I feel for Celeste Taylor because she's such a competitor, and she gave it her all last post-season at Texas despite injuries and homesickness. Seeing her cry on the bench as the clock expired in Duke's final loss in the ACC tourney was tough as she's used to winning.

But, Kara's already had an impact recruiting in the state of Texas (Ashlon Jackson). So, I'm good with Kara and Duke not having team success.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1