NCAA Tournament 2022

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, it's a neutral site. And, the players have actually been more focused when playing away from home according to Vic stating that several times.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

OSU has always traveled well. I hope our fans can at least match them.

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In women's hoops?

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

here's Ohio State's post-game presser:

6. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Two of only three freshman in Top 25. The future is bright.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Anybody got Mulkey’s presser?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Looking for some comic relief? I suppose the Bison tugged on superman's cape.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I read a few snippets but without video I can’t tell if she hurt her arm patting herself on the back or not

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

So Vic has six straight Sweet Sixteens and Texas six out of the last seven.

While watching the Tennessee/Belmont game I didn’t really realize it had been since 2016 that the Lady Vols had gotten out of Round 2. That’s quite a drought.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The ***** Mulkaky sp? .dissed Sam in her losing presser. What a disgusting pocrap

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m blank right now? Sam?

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sam Ehlinger:hookem:

In a presser which is down the tweet page on here on Sweet16. For some reason I couldn't copy and post it.
    She says her team is not like some who win a bowl game and say, " We're back" and then crater.

Hornview
    That is my bad. With no context there is no way you would think about Ehlinger and WBB

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

So anticipating a Stanford rematch, I was thinking back to Trish VanD.’s comments post first game. She mentioned that they didn’t handle the pressure well. Added that they have played teams that play similar pressure defense and knew how to attack it and had in the past played well against it. Of course mentioning her point guard had graduated. And crying about the horrendous three point shooting. So my question of the experts here……who else plays full court pressure man deny defense in womens college game.? I can’t think of one. Schaefer said in his pre-Utah presser that Utah could look at a lot of PAC12 game tape and not find a comparable defensive team like Horns. So we all know that Texas defensive pressure gives us a huge advantage in every game. Is there a B10 team that OSU played against this year?

• Like Like x 1
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

In ESPNW today, Voelpel interviews Mulkey yesterday. The big comment is that Mulkey feels this year has been one of her most enjoyable years. Year one was a transition year and they finished second in SEC and a win in NCAA Tourney. Of course lots of ego in the article about her saying not any coaches would take the risk of leaving a legacy program and starting over like she did. She will lose several key transfers and indicates that next year the team will be a mix of transfers and high school kids. I can’t wait for SEC with Schaefer and Mulkey and Staley and others.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Watching Utah game (for the 3rd time). Not sure if Jo got recognized, but she was our rock in Q1. She had 8 of our 17 points, amid lots of misses from teammates. I would posit that she knew (felt?) that the team needed her and she delivered. In Q2 it was the Amo show. Watching her take the ball at the free throw line and drive to the basket was awesome. I think these two were the reason why the game was ours to lose in the second half.

• Like Like x 5
  19. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I look forward to the game.If we bring our A game.It should be a breeze. We must remember,there are not a lot of Team this year.That play Defense hard like Texas the whole game. This is really a Special Team.And this is only the beginning.You wait til they add them 3 players next year.Oh my God.This is a exciting time for Texas and the fan base.Hookem

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Watch out for the player from South Dakota next year.It going to be hard to keep her from starting next year.She tough

• Like Like x 2
  21. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I haven't seen all of the NCAA tournament games but I've come away with positive impressions of a few teams that I have watched in the tourney. For those teams I've watched, I'm impressed with North Carolina, Creighton, Notre Dame, Indiana and Michigan. Although I haven't watched Stanford, I'll just assume they are elite but as the #1 seed, they have had a fairly easy path to the Sweet 16.

I'm curious about what this board's impressions are of the remaining tournament teams. Which teams have surprised you (positively or negatively)? Does Maryland stand a chance against Stanford? What are the thoughts about the matchups between Iowa State v Creighton, and UConn v Indiana? In my opinion, if North Carolina can continue playing at a high level, they could upset South Carolina.

I enjoy the basketball banter on this board and find value in hearing others' opinions of teams outside of TxWBB. If you care to share your feedback on the Sweet 16 teams, I would enjoy getting your feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Maryland, as they were last year, is about as talented as any team in the nation. I'm not sure why they haven't been more consistent this year, perhaps there's too much talent and not enough minutes to satisfy all of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Wow, Sports Illustrated has reassessed their bracket selections and predicts that Texas will face South Carolina in the championship game! I think higher of their predictions than those of ESPN given their Uconn bias but it’s just that, a prediction. I was gonna be happy if we got to the Elight 8 again and ecstatic if in the final four. Their prediction to win it all is South Carolina.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

They had a lot of different injuries the first half of the season; only had 7 healthy players in the loss to Stanford. Seems like they are pretty healthy now.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

UConn getting to stay within 90 minutes of their home court until / if they get to the Final Four is pretty ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 7
  26. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Creighton up 10 on Iowa St early 4th Q

27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

#10 seed Creighton beats 30% of the All-Big 12 First Team 76-68

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Creighton trolls the entire state of Iowa.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Typically I would have been pulling for Iowa State... But after Bill Fenelly has whined and cried like a big titty baby, I'm glad Creighton handed them their asses.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I felt exactly the same way. Normally I would have rooted for them in this situation. I usually find it easy to root for them because I don’t consider them much of a recruiting battle threat. Totally different types of players for two different systems in general. But his little fit changed that for me (for the time being).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2