NCAA Tourney

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Look at that brace, too. Can't get a break even when her playing career is over, I guess?

I realize they may not be able to come out and say exactly what happened but if she was indeed suspended, then "unavailable for personal reasons" is simply incorrect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

I doubt Rellah Boothe will be with us next year.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

And that may be best for both parties.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

The argument about who is elite is ridiculous. Depends on how you define that word, and there are multiple ways to define it. The stuff about Rellah is truly depressing. Suddenly we're down to three front court players? Damn. I suppose we'll never know what the real story is. If she leaves, I hope she goes somewhere where she will be happy and take names on the basketball court.

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Well, one more scholarship for 2019! Sad, but obviously it isn't working between the coaches and the player and it wasn't the right fit. We got Jatarie because it wasn't a good fit for her in S.C. so what goes around comes around.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

From the UMaine fan forum, the thread on their conference tournament and NCAA playoffs. Talk about the Texas matchup starts on page seven.
    http://www.mbr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=229&t=76654

From page nine, a quote from an article linked in the post:

11. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Boothe - why are we assuming Texas is a bad fit or that Coach A and Rellah are at odds? There are lots of reasons that fall under “personal” and just maybe Rellah has some personal reasons that are both none of our business and have nothing to do with the BB program at Texas. Until we’re told otherwise, l’m happy to give the TEENAGER her privacy.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

LIKE....LIKE....LIKE this post!!!

• Like Like x 3
  13. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I agree, based on Coach A's remarks, that a lot of assumptions are being made which could be wrong. It was the things Cantu said that were so disturbing. He called it a suspension, and said Rellah had had trouble fitting in, blah, blah. If those were just assumptions he was making, then that is most unprofessional journalism. If he was leaking the inside story, then things aren't looking good. It is confusing. If this is just another "lesson" Aston is trying to teach Rellah, why on earth would she choose this time to do it, unless she has just had it with Rellah and wants her gone. Whatever the reason, the whole thing has taken something out of these playoffs for me.

14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Maybe academics. Whatever, Aston is not going to tell us, which is the appropriate thing to do for a personal matter. Cantu's remarks were disturbing to me, though. Why couldn't he have respected Rellah's privacy, too?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

Columnists like to "stir the pot."

• Like Like x 1
  16. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I wish/hope this image of Audrey Anne was indicative of her return to the team.

• Like Like x 5
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Really? He provided the info that Rellah was suspended for the second time which was going to come out. He is the liaison with the WBB team, after all, and provides info concerning the WBB team. That's his job.

About the "trouble fitting in" statement, we must have read different articles because I did not find a single word about that in his article linked by Scamp.

• Like Like x 3
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is a weird photo of Audrey-Ann. Really grainy. I guess that is intentional but I find it weird with all those black spots on her neck and chin.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

BTW, Horns play tomorrow at 5 PM. :coolnana:

20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

OU doing their patented fall behind in the first and come back strong in the second half. Now down five early in the fourth. Wonder if they can pull off the upset?

21. LutherIsMyDog

I noticed the same thing. It's an effect the media department also uses with the football team photos. I think the intention is to create the connection of hard work = getting sweaty and grimy. :e-face-tears:

• Like Like x 2
  22. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 1
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Probably referring to this in the article linked below:
    She was the nation’s No. 3 overall player, but has had trouble fitting in during her first year of college.”

https://www.hookem.com/2018/03/15/texas-forward-rellah-boothe-will-not-play-ncaas/

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I watched the Oklahoma game on espn3 and my impression was that they as a team looked just “worn out.” They had no depth all year and it sure did show at the end. They never could break that 5 to 9 point lead that DePaul kept on them.

• Like Like x 2
  25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Will the REAL Joyner Holmes please show yourself?... You're the X factor in the tournament. Just settle down and do it! We know you can.

• Like Like x 4
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not the impression I got, but I am not really the market audience they are shooting for. :lmao:

27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yeah, OU didn't look good. Way too many mistakes, missed shots. Wish TCU had gotten their slot.

• Like Like x 5
  28. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

You are right...but I am really sad about Rellah...she reminds me of Nekia Jones, so talented, but just not able to get in the groove.:argue:

• Like Like x 1
  29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

My mistake. I missed that part of the statement. I agree that was uncalled for.

• Like Like x 1
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

In the upper half of our part of the bracket, #5 Maryland advances with a 77-57 win over #12 Princeton. They will play the winner of #4 N. Carolina St vs #13 Elon currently in progress. NCS is up 27-19 early in the third quarter.