NCAA Tourney

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 5, 2018.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m concerned because the ESPN coverage maps have not held true on AT&T U-verse today. It’s been whip around coverage only. The guide shows whip around as well, if there are alternate channels covering I’ve not found, so if anybody knows anything

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

After watching Tennessee beat Liberty I believe if there is anyone that can beat Baylor prior to the final 4 it is them! They keep constant pressure on the ball including a full court press. Baylor’s freshmen guards may not be able to handle the speed of the game or the pressure! Tennessee has to beat Oregon State first and if they do I will certainly be yelling for the Vols!!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unlike the men who have at least three and, at times, four channels, the women are limited to ESPN2 this weekend. But, they are showing the Baylor game in its entirety so far. Hope for the same with our game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

BU's Chou is playing, no bandage on her wrist.

6. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Directv subscriber here. My understanding was that Directv channels 788-792 were extensions of ESPN2 and that all games would be available on those channels. When I went to watch those channels today I got the message that I'm not subscribed. It appears that they are PPV, at least for me. I am able to get ESPN2 but that's all whiplash coverage. I need to figure out how I can watch the Horns tomorrow. Anyone got this figured out?

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, in Texas, the coverage has been as indicated. That is, A&M and Baylor games have been shown in entirety. The Texas games should be the same-shown in all parts of Texas and Maine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

A&M game was not on in Dallas today on U-verse, however Baylor was in its entirety (not that anyone outside Waco wanted to see it). I’ll take that as good news for our game tomorrow. I’m planning to be there Monday and hate that my tickets are not being used for Round 1. They are good seats to boot

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

11. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Can someone summarize what the Austin paper says regarding “flirting with adding 4th guard”? I can’t open it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like Like x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

from the article:
    And considering that the Black Bears are a small team with their two tallest starters only 6-1, using four guards is certainly a possibility since Ariel would not be giving up a lot of height and likely would have an advantage in quickness and speed.

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The NCAA controls what is shown in what area. All games (men's and women's) are shown in their entirety are streamed real time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Fun to see OU men and women's basketball teams combine for an 0-2 showing in the tourneys...

• Like Like x 2
  16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well that begs the question as to why espn bothers to put out their coverage maps. It did not match what I watched in the earlier sessions. Probably a glitch. I don’t currently have streaming capabilities.

Meanwhile UConn just set a record for points in a quarter and are on pace to score 220 points. It’s allegedly “whip around” coverage but I won’t be shocked if they show 100% UConn

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

But I want to watch the Horns on my big screen. :smile1:

True, there is that. But I really had hoped the OU women would have won at least one game. Imo, the conference as a whole needs to do better than have those teams that get in , aside from Texas and Baylor, go out in the first round.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is irritating that they claim that they will whiparound to show the closest games, at least that's the way I interpret it. But they will stay with UConn, ND, Tenn, etc when those games are blowouts and other games are going down to the wire. They certainly do not live up to their advertising hype. I know that UConn is going to win by 30-50 pts. I don't need to watch it when games like S. Dakota State-Villanova or Minn-Green Bay are more exciting.

• Like Like x 4
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yep, they are showing UConn vs St. Francis with UConn up by 60 pts. Where is the whiparound? Can't believe I am complaining because they aren't doing that. :smh:

20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well UConn has really slowed down and only on pace to score 184 points. Stay tuned...as if.

I actually love watching UConn play, but not in the hyper blowouts when there’s other actual competitive games going on.

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

You and me both.
    Belmont-Duke and LSU-Central Michigan are looking like really competitive games but I doubt that we will see those two. Gotta watch UConn go for 200. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If your big screen isn't a smart TV surely you have an HDMI slot that an Amazon Firestick or a Roku can be used to see the streaming games.

23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yep, their excuse for not whipping around is that they want to see what number they (UConn) puts up on the scoreboard.

Hopefully, the men have more exciting games to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

You miss the point. I don't want to have to stream the games. I want to watch them on a regular channel.
    That's okay. Just checked the College channels. Those other two games are on there. Should have checked them yesterday.

see y'all in about four hours.

25. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

This kind of game hurts growing the game tremendously. There’s a couple hours window here before the men’s games start up that they could have shown some really competitive and compelling games.

Twitter is a flutter pounding the fact the women’s game is not competitive and justifies why the don’t/won’t watch.

• Like Like x 2
  26. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Anybody know when Geno put in his subs? Maybe when they reached 100? I probably need to check the Boneyard for that info.

27. Charlie Syracuse

Charlie Syracuse < 25 Posts

He had subs in the first half.... I think he had some in the first quarter but not certain. ESPN did cut to other games in the second half.

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bab, it is the same broadcast in content and quality.

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

no doubt true, but I am not set up for it and I don't want to try to set it up when I want to watch the games now. Plus, I do pay extra for just about every college sports channel offered by Spectrum. I did find the games on the extra ESPN channels although they were not mentioned as possible sites to watch the games besides ESPN2. It seemed strange to only offer the games on ESPN2. I just forgot to check the extra channels til today.
    Getting ready to watch the ASU-Neb game on ESPN College 4 in a few minutes. The Qunnipiac-Miami game was pretty exciting. Very close until the 4 minute mark when Quinnipiac started to pull away. They are going to win, up 11 with 35 seconds left.

Just a little history about #16 beating #1.
    http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/t...en-16-1-upset-club?addata=espnw:womenbb:index

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Going to be able to watch UCLA-American, a possible sweet 16 opponent, as well as Okie State-Syracuse.