NCAA Tourney

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

She IS eligible for redshirt...period...

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

They thought Joyner had hit the ASU player with an elbow. That's pretty much an automatic check to verify whether or not it happened. Nothing new there.

The second part where ASU 33 threw Alecia down is pretty much the, imo, the same as type of foul as when Alecia shoved the player guarding her away with two hands and also got called for the foul. Fouls created by the defensive player doing their job. I was more worried that Alecia might twist an ankle when she went down.

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So happy for Mide. You can just tell that she doesn't feel comfortable getting compliments in front of others, but she smiled (and probably blushed) through it; just a very humble kid, IMO.

• Like Like x 6
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Ummm... watch that again. A shove is one thing and happens all the time. Grabbing someone from behind and yanking them to the ground - even the TV announcers were shocked. And the ref was right there. If that’s not unsportsmanlike, I don’t know what is. Kind like that soccer player a few years back grabbing girls by the hair and yanking them to the ground.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  6. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Baylor goes down! Wow that's a bit of a shock as most felt they had one of the easiest paths through to the Elite 8. Wonder if Bear fans will still complain about seeding after they got a Sweet 16 matchup with a 6 seed, and still lost!

• Like Like x 3
  7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Of course they’ll whine. It’s Baylor, it’s what they do.

• Like Like x 3
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Teaira McCowan impressed the hell out of me last night against Louisville. She set the NCAA tournament record in rebounds with 25 to go along with 21 points but 45 (minutes) was the number that blew my mind. She never left the floor in an overtime game and kept herself out of foul trouble.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

Great long story about an amazing young woman's growth--and not just in height!
    https://www.clarionledger.com/story...now-ok-stand-out-mississippi-state/470298002/

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Did anyone happen to notice that the ref that put the tech on the Louisville player was the same ref that put the tech on Aston in the Big 12 championship game?

• Like Like x 1
  11. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1