NCAA Women's Final

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Malcom, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

There is no way the men's final can match this game. What an amazing game. Congrats to Notre Dame.

• Like Like x 9
  2. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yep. And Notre Dame will no doubt be the overwhelming favorites to win it all again next year with their post player returning from injury.

• Like Like x 4
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

To overcome all that adversity and win it all... to make two consecutive NC games with ZERO (count them, ZERO) HS All-Americans on the roster... that's some hella coaching going on. Congrats to both teams! This has been the most competitive Final Four I've ever seen.

• Like Like x 6
  4. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, unless you are a MS State fan, I don't know how anyone could have rooted against ND. Kudos to MdGraw for pulling that off with all of the adversity they've faced this season. Great game!

• Like Like x 6
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Shows either a weakness in the AA selection process or the benefit of a coach who can coach.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

Greatest Final Four ever. Four wonderful teams. Every game was fantastic, dramatic, and brilliantly played. The Irish players are collectively the smartest team I've ever seen. Muffin and the coaches are great, but it was the players who executed and made the split second decisions from play to play. The way they adjusted their tactics, climbed back from 15 points down, and coped with a 6'7" opposing center was even more amazing than they way they handled UConn. They scored 17 points in the whole first half!!! ...and still won the game. Wow.

• Like Like x 8
  7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I couldn’t help but root for the Irish as well. Muffett had to WORK all season long for this one. What a huge achievement for that program.

Best Final Four ever and will be hard to top.

• Like Like x 6
  8. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Yep, best ever!
    Very doubtful we will ever see both semi's go into overtime or see 1 player hit the buzzer beating shot like she hit and with pressure in her face....just couldn't believe Miss did not foul immediately after ball was in-bounded. Pretty costly mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  9. overseasbbfan1

Unless I'm missing something I'm pretty certain Miss State instructed their players not to foul. The game was tied and odds much better the Irish would have made at least one foul shot as opposed to a contested jumper with time ticking away. And no time left for the Bulldogs either way, so make the Irish hit the harder shot. Let's face it, 9 times out of 10 that shot doesn't go in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I'm not 100% certain but I think Miss State had a foul to give.

• Like Like x 2
  11. overseasbbfan1

Okay, thanks. I didn't realize that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts