NCState Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 18, 2017.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I have not seen NCState play this year but based on their good wins and bad beats anything is possible. I would dearly love another shot at Stanford for two reasons. Stanford looks beatable based on their first game. Second.....would like to see if Aston can coach this team to overcome the back door cuts that allowed Stanford to beat us. Our pressure defense should give Stanford some problems from outside, but can we stop those easy back door layups. I would think those early season issues have been resolved. If we can stop Samuelson from BTA and McPhee from doing her magic, we have a chance. But we have to get past NCState first. I would think our size should give them problems but foul trouble to Atkins and/or Holmes could make it a nail biter. Hook Em !

• Like Like x 3
  2. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I don't think Texas gets passed NC State. This will be a game where coach Aston has to not be so rigid and make adjustments. NC State's defense and guard play will be the difference.

3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Rattfatt..............understand your concerns.............and I have no reason to doubt NCState guard play and defense. However, I need a heavy dose of optimism here in my humble abode for the next 14 hours. I want to go to bed tonight and dream about McCarty 3's, Atkins pull-up jumpers at the elbow, Holmes rebounds and going coast to coast for layups, and team shooting 100% and other extremely positive thoughts. I am also optimistic (kinda) that Aston with Carey and other staff will come up with a good game plan. For sure I am wanting this season to continue. thanks for your opinions.

• Like Like x 4
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I am with flash34. Would love to play Stanford again and see what we learned from our first effort against them. I think we would have a very good chance to beat them (assuming the backdoor gets closed).

• Like Like x 3
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We will beat NCState. We will beat Stanford. Just ask Malcom

• Like Like x 2
  6. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Yes they will WE ARE LONGHORN NATION.

7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

It's going to be TOUGH one... the guard play and defense on both teams are good. I think the end result may be determined by our post play. Let's Go!!! :hookem:

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I just don't understand ESPN's decisions. They will broadcast one game at 11 AM CST today: Kentucky vs Ohio State (Eastern time zone).

Then, athey will broadcast 3 games at 1:30 PM CST:

NC State at Texas (Central time zone)
    WVU at Maryland (Eastern time zone)
    DePaul at Miss. State (Central time zone)

Wouldn't it just be common sense to also broadcast the WVU at Maryland game at the same time as the UK/OSU game so as to have two games in each timeslot? Yes, Maryland and OSU are in the same time zone; but, so are Texas and WVU. Maybe it has to do with geography.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I'm just hoping we get 100% UT coverage today in DFW after suffering thru the entire BU game yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

I'm just glad (being in far-off Seattle) that I can watch all the women's games on Xfinity/ESPN Watch. Just 30 minutes to NC State/Texas!

11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I hope it's a blessing in disguise that Taylor went out early with 2 fouls. Think she had 3 TO's in first couple mins. We do need her defense & rebounding

• Like Like x 1
  12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Sutton is in the house!!!!:hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I think we got at least 16 points from the bench in the FIRST QUARTER

• Like Like x 1
  14. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Let's keep it going. Great first quarter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That 2nd Q though.

I don't know enough about NC St to have a feel for how this will go. Have not seen them play this year.

Let's have a great 2nd half Longhorns! :bevo:

16. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I think Underwood is too slow, to guard NC State guards.
    They are flying by her.
    Now I would like to give credit to NC State Coach, for changing up his defense.
    This is what I would like to see Texas do.
    Did you notice how it change the game

17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

We really need some production from Ariel because Joyner is saddled with foul problems now.

TO's killing any starts of momentum to start 3rd

• Like Like x 1
  18. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Could we please hire a coach who knows how to teach players how to go against a zone? That's how to beast Texas...go to a zone or junk defense. Widely known by now. It's a shame. We have such talent.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Joyner makes the "no, no, YES 3-pointer to end the 3rd!

Gut out a 4th Q Horns!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Oops, typo, how to beat Texas. Brooke need to be taking at least 35% of our shots. Joyner great today.

• Like Like x 2
  21. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I agree with Brooke Weisbrod -- why don't we throw some traps or double teams on Spencer and/or Wilson? We never change. One way only.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It's just like Iowa State, just go to the one on one drive and you can score on Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

That flagrant call is outrageous.

• Like Like x 2
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Horrible turn of events with Sutton going down on a career day and then a terrible flagrant call on her. It was not

• Like Like x 1
  25. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Once again, why not double team Spencer? She is beating us single-handed.

• Like Like x 1
  26. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Not over with yet we got to believe

27. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

No matter what, don't foul. 58 seconds left. Weisbrod is wrong about Spencer's foul.

• Like Like x 2
  28. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Made the right call on the offensive end against ncst but I'm surprised they did

• Like Like x 1
  29. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Love the heady play by Joyner-Holmes

• Like Like x 4
  30. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

OMG what a game

• Like Like x 2