nebraska put on probation

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by tamster, Feb 2, 2012.

1. tamster

tamster 500+ Posts

2. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

I'm no fan of Nebraska, but that was a penny ante type of violation. It was a relatively minor infraction with a correspondingly minor consequence.

Some of the goings-on at Mizzou during DGB's recruitment were (allegedly) more serious... flyers urging students at the Mizzou basketball game to cheer for DGB. Even that is/was peanuts until you start getting to stuff like "an Arkansas booster leaving a voicemail on John Beckham’s cell phone indicating he was considering making a financial donation to Hillcrest High's football team".

Inside the chase for top recruit DGB

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I'll just smile about it. [​IMG]

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This is pretty interesting. Not long after NU announced the move to the Big10 they lost their academic accredidation with AAU
    and there was a ton of grumbling from Big10 schools that Nu lowered the conference.

It would not be totally out of the realm of possibility that NU orchestrated this to show that Hey< that N really does stand for Nowledge.

This is a meaningless probation.

5. SectionThree

SectionThree 500+ Posts

When our ncaa overlords have nothing more to do than this we are in trouble.
    This is a group of wanna-bes telling other people how to live. This crap is
    getting out of control. See Washington D.C. for a parallel.

6. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

If I'm Nebraska, I'm happy, because that at least means some of my athletes can read. That was borderline ridiculous putting them on probation for that. I'm no fan of the corn, but surely, the NCAA's got better things to look into. Somebody might want to suggest to them that they take a look at Nike Univ....errr...Oregon.

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Did I read it correctly husker '"self reported"?
    if so I think it was a ploy to show how upstanding they are [​IMG]